The King in the North

~~Robb Stark~~

Lady Catelyn Stark walks through the Stark camp, barely able to hold it together. The bannermen around her are silent, say for a few who greet her with respect and sympathy, many giving her a bow.

She shakes like a leaf as hot tears stream down her face. She clutches a tree just outside the camp and cries. She sobs in agony, letting the sound of her tears engulf her. But the sound of screams and metal clashing against a tree catches her attention.

Robb.

She finds him slashing his sword against the tree repeatedly, crying his eyes out whilst doing it. She watches her son in torment and quickly rushes to him.

"Robb.."

He continues slashing.

"Robb!"

He turns to her, the tears streaming down his face. Both mother and son look at each other in sorrow.

"You've ruined your sword."

She says and Robb looks at his sword briefly before dropping it to the ground without a care. Catelyn opens her arms and he quickly embraces his mother, crying into her shoulder. She caresses his neck, trying to soothe and console him.

"Shh. Shh. Shh..."

"I'll kill them all... Every one of them..."

He cries out.

"I will kill them all!"

He continues crying and his mother holds him even tighter.

"My boy... They have your sisters we have to get the girls back. And then we will kill them all."

She says coldly, looking off into the distance as she consoles her son.

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

I slump against a tree, watching as my breath shows in the cold air. I feel frozen, despite the clothes and furs covering my body. I wrap my arms tightly around my chest, now feeling numb as I stare at the sky without a single care. He's dead.

Eddard Stark is dead.

I take my dagger from my belt, eyeing it's sharp edge and slowly cut into my hand, watching as the blood trickles down my wrist and the cold steel of the blade. It's only a little cut but I need to feel something. This numbness is killing me inside.

I withdraw the dagger, now holding my hand up in the sunlight, feeling the cold air mix with my warm blood. It drops to the snow, staining it with a small amount of red. All the years of living in the North with the Stark family and...

The tears finally fall.

"Why...? Why did you have to leave me?"

I ask but my words just blow away in the cold winds. I clutch my hand tightly, feeling the warm blood leaking from my palm finally sting. I breath shakily, the tears almost freezing to my face as the sun slowly sets.

Tomorrow is a new day but nothing will change. The war that's been started isn't over. I don't know if I'll get to see then end result of it either.