19. pda

019

019

"One of the employees reported Devora for misconduct and PDA in the office?" Jungkook's speech was rotted with incredulity.

Not only was he confused as to why Hoseok told him about this, but what did he have to do with the situation?

Perhaps he was missing something, Hobi wouldn't just spill information about his employees to anyone. Maybe so, when they were all away from the office and hanging out at home.

Still, he saved his vents for later.

Jungkook could only assume that this situation involved him.

"Exactly, and the person- or guy who they described in their story, matched up to be you, Jungkook." Hoseok informed, solemn.

Jungkook raised his eyebrows, finally realizing what incident he was referring to.

It only happened just a couple of days ago, when they were play-fighting in Hoseok's office. Jungkook didn't think there would be an issue, yet, he never thought somebody would be bothered enough to actually set up a meeting with Hoseok, merely to tell them about their "PDA".

"O-oh, right." Jungkook nodded, "Yeah, I remember what happened." He bit his lower lip, deep ebony eyes thwarted away from Hoseok's enthralling aura.

"Good, I thought it might have been because they had something against Devora. But, now that I know for sure it's true, I think it's best if I let her go." Hoseok concluded, getting up from his seat to conclude their discussion.

Jungkook felt his heart sink. "Wait, what do you mean you're going to let her go?" He stood up, putting his hand on Hobi's shoulder to stop him from walking

Hoseok gave him his thorough attention, directing his body to him, "Jk, you more than anyone else knows how many times my assistants pulled this on me." He sighed, visibly miffed. "I don't know how to deal with it at this point, letting them go was always my best option."

Jungkook felt blameworthy, it was his fault that she was acting that way.

He was the one who started teasing her, prying her to fight back. He should have known better, all the times Hoseok had fired other assistants because of how painfully uncomfortable they used to make the members.

His palms prospered, clearing the lump in his throat. "Wait, you don't want to fire Devora."

"But, I thought-"

"It's my fault, not hers. I was the one who started... tickling her." Jungkook recoiled at his words, a dusk melancholy haze appeared over his nebulous head.

"Wait, so you're the one who started it?" Hoseok was dubious. "The way Sook described it really made it seem like it was all Devora. She brought up how uncomfortable you seemed, which is the reason why I discussed it with you first."

"I can promise you, it was all me, hyung." Jungkook pledged. "Just... don't fire her. She really loves this job, and she loves working with us."

He didn't have to personally converse with Devora to know how much she cared for her job.

Her diligence remained transparent in the way she dressed, the way she carried her shoulders, and the imperative ways she completed work for Hoseok.

"Thanks for telling me the truth. I didn't want to have to let her go, she truly is an amazing, and gifted person." He agreed with Jungkook's unspoken reflections.

Hobi patted his tense shoulder. "I'll keep this between us, then. I don't want to distract her."

˚。⋆ ୨୧⋆。˚