Chapter 39

Come to think of it, it's definitely been a while since I've been down to the territory.

'Three years? About four years?'

I counted the number of years.

The last time I went was when my parents were alive, so at least three years have passed.

'Time flies.'

When did that happen?

The territory felt like a vacation estate, where we visited occasionally.

It was as crowded and complicated as a resort island, but anyway, there was a sense of ownership and distance together.

If there was a flower bed in my head right now, I would have liked to go far away to catch my breath as Bessie said.

'Whoa.'

'Would you like some flowers on your head?'

Although, it might not help realistically.

The carriage ran a long way southwest.

The territory owned by the family was closer than other territories, but it was still quite far as we had to ride a carriage all day to reach there.

The endless flow of greenery was fresh at first but gradually became as dull and boring.

I suddenly turned around to see Jungkook.

Jungkook was sitting in the carriage and looking at the papers.

It was not a new sight.

Come to think of it, Jungkook has always been busy that way in my memory for some days.

It was understandable that he was so busy because he took over the family and had a lot of business with it.

I stared at Jungkook quietly.

Now, this was certainly the result of one of Bessie's outrageous misunderstandings, it certainly was, but really one in a million.

If I simply wanted to go to the territory in a situation where I could be purely concerned about Jungkook as a family.

'.........I wouldn't have said it.'

What Bessie said is right.

No matter how much I wanted to go to the territory, I wouldn't have said I want to go first.

Like this, I didn't want to be a burden to Jungkook, who was so busy that he had to look at the papers from the carriage.

"Noona."

Then the eyes suddenly met.

I was surprised not to know why I was surprised.

"Huh?"

"Are you bored?"

I blinked for a moment at Jungkook's words.

......Did I say that out loud?

Well, I yawned a little while ago, instead of looking out the window.

I thought he was only looking at the documents, but I don't know when he saw me.

I opened my mouth slightly awkwardly.

"Just a little?"

"Do you want to sleep?"

I tried to nod my head.

Even so, there was nothing better to spend time than sleeping on a long road in a carriage like now.