Chapter Twenty

~ true hero's are worthy ~

Third Person POV

Shortly after Saitama disabled the Hero Killer, Stain, a couple hero's thanked him but Sai gave the credit to the students of course.

Stain looked up at Saitama who had his serious face on while he was thinking. The rain soon fell on them and it just made Saitama seem even more heroic in Stain's eyes.

'He didn't take the credit. He really doesn't do this for the fame.'

"Sai! There you are!" Saitama snapped out of his trance-like daze and saw his wife running towards him, "You scared me! I thought you had gotten lost or something!" Alexis squealed as she buried her face into her husband's chest.

Saitama relaxed and stroked her hair, trying to calm her down, "I'm alright Lex, just had to help out the children hero's in training." He informed.

Alexis straightened and her face was filled with worry, "The kids? Are they okay?" Before Saitama could answer Iida stepped up, "We're fine Mrs. Alexis, if Mr. Saitama hadn't shown up.. it probably would've ended differently." He gloomed as he lowered his head with shame.

Todoroki and Midoriya reassured him that what he was trying to do wasn't reckless and Alexis gave him a hug to calm him down.

Stain saw the interaction from his spot underneath a street light while he was tied up and smiled genuinely at the husband and wife duo.

Stain immediately recognized Saitama from the Sports Festival and saw the power the caped baldy held in his grasp. And yet, Saitama's not a recognized hero. He doesn't show off his quirk regularly like others and he doesn't let other's opinions get the best of him.

'He cares. Truly. He doesn't even seem bothered by the lack of attention that he deserves.' He thought with a glimmer of hope for the future generations.

But then Grand Torino yelled, "GET DOWN!!"

Everyone looked up to see a Nomu with giant wings coming closer to them, the hero's and students gasped, "Oh no!"

It swooped down and grabbed Alexis and Midoriya in its claws. Midoriya's breath hitched as his eyes went wide with fear and Alexis yelped in shock.

Saitama immediately turned in the direction the giant monster-bird went and clenched his fist, "They're after her again." He muttered, although he had gotten Iida's and Todoroki's attention. Their minds went straight to the USJ and how Shigaraki wanted to use Alexis' quirk for experimentation.

The blood coming from the Nomu fell onto another hero, splattering on her cheek. Stain saw the anger in Saitama but he also saw the worry.

He smirked before grabbing his hidden blade and launching himself forward to lick the blood of the female hero.