8

"Ardy, I want chocolate"

Turning to face his sister's bed, Ardy gave her an unamused face. "Noona, I'm sleepy"

She gave him a pout, "but I really really want chocolate, Ardy"

He shook his head, "I just got well, Noona, are you seriously asking your weakened and sick brother to get you chocolate just to satisfy your addiction?"

"It's not an addiction!" she whined, throwing her blankets off her to sit up, "It's just my favorite snack! My comfort food! The food of my soul!"

"Addiction," he reiterated, following his sister's action of removing his blankets (although it was more reluctant as he was really comfy). "You'll get cavities, and I'll just laugh if you get cavities."

"I won't get cavities, brother," she stuck out her tongue as she jumped off her bed to run towards the door. Rolling his eyes, he followed after her in a more leisurely pace. Watching with a fond smile as she skipped towards the direction of the kitchen, obviously excited for her sweets. 

They entered the dark kitchen with Athy grinning and Ardy yawning. The younger twin lazily eyed his sister's action as she reached above her head to reach the bowl of chocolate. Footsteps rapidly approaching behind him, he whirled instinctively, eyes narrowed, ready to protect the girl behind him—

Only to blanch as the familiar sky blue eyes of Lilian met his. She frowned at him, before narrowing her eyes at the small figure of Athy that was still focused on her task. Passing by the frozen young prince, Adrastos watched, amusement creeping in.

A snort escaped his lips as his sister jumped at Lilian's sudden grab to her small arm that was within the chocolate bowl.

A shriek echoed through the kitchen, piercing Adrastos' ear, making him flinch.

"Lily?!" his Noona cried out, eyes wide— resembling a prey caught by its hunter.

"Princess! Both your presence and the prince's presence is requested!"

-♕8♕-

"It's an honor to serve Princess Athanasia and Prince Adrastos"

"Felix Robane, at your Service, Your Highnesses"

...Eh?

Athanasia stared at the scene before her, before she glanced back to her brother (that little brat got Lily to carry him since he was too lazy to walk), who was also watching with visible confusion. Looking back once more at the smiling red-head knight followed by the numerous maids behind him, her thoughts ran wild.

'What's with all this?'

"I will be your temporary royal guard starting from today, my princess and my prince"

Eh?!!! 

"We... We are grateful for His majesty's concern but how could we have sir Felix as a guard..." hearing her Nanny stammering behind her, Athy wasn't surprised when her brother appeared beside her and took her small hand in his, quietly spectating in curiosity.

He must have asked their confused nanny to let him down, in fear of getting dropped from the shock.

She glanced at his face blanketed with curiosity towards the knight. 'Right, what's with this last minute compensation? What about when Ardy fell in the water, huh?!'

Her irritation for the man named Claude increased as she remembered the fear and anxiety of nearly losing Ardy. She had nightmares for days while her baby brother was sick! 'Geez, that trigger-happy bastard of a father raises my blood pressure too quickly.'

Felix warmly smiled, making Athanasia's thoughts melt in a flustered mess. 'How can a smile be so refreshing?! Is he Park Bo-Gum?!'

"His Majesty's intention is to cherish both the princess and the prince and treat them well," the knight explained, giving a warm smile towards Lily

"D-does he now...?" she heard her Nanny mutter

Athanasia could only wryly smile as the doubts in everyone's mind was as plain as day— well, besides the knight that continued to kneel before her and her brother.

"His Majesty is preparing an official guard for the your highnesses, so I probably won't be here for long," another one of those refreshing smiles that kept Athanasia's mouth shut, "It's an honor to serve you, my princess, my prince"

'I'm not supposed to have this!' she screamed in her head, dizzy from the situation, 'Athanasia isn't supposed to be cared for like this in the Lovely Princess!'

Claude, you damn idiot trashy bastard of a father!!!