Chapter 49

No matter how much I think about it, if what he's going to do against Jungkook was a decision that he could make with a healthy head, the for sure his purpose is suicide.

There was no way to stop the horror of the fact that the person I had talked to yesterday, and just a little while ago, was pretending to be sane on the outside but turned out to be a madman.

"Maybe he doesn't have a head...... maybe his head is actually a moustache."

"Pardon?"

"No, nothing."

I shook my head and looked ahead.

While having this conversation, I realized that my room was just in the corner.

I asked Sir Davery.

So, what should I do now?

The low groan of the maid awoke me from the thought.

Sir Davery's sword, which had been in close contact with her skin, was poking into her skin.

"There's one thing I don't understand."

Sir Davery spoke calmly.

"I knew earlier that Biffren himself was secretly accumulating wealth by selling hallucinogens. I knew it was a hallucinogen today, but anyway."

What?

A hallucinogen?

This is the first time I've heard about it.

I looked at him in amazement, and he talked.

"But it's not enough reason for him to plan all of this against His Excellency."

That's true.

A hallucinogen is a drug.

It's embarrassing to say it, but though the use and transaction are strictly illegal, it wasn't a serious crime.

At least not a death penalty.

But if he fails to aim for Jungkook, he will die unconditionally.

It isn't worth it, does it?

'Would he have thought he was going to succeed?'

No, no matter how much he did, he won't succeed.

"What's the real purpose? What is he aiming for?"

"......."

"Well, you don't have to answer."

"What? Wait a minute."

Just wait a minute. I'm not very good with that.

I'm gonna have to get an answer from her.

I just got really curious.

Sir Davery looked back at me and opened his mouth, but rather to protest, he came up with an answer instead.

"I was guessing anyway."

"What is it?"

"If he's willing to risk doing this if he's confident that he's going to die the moment he gets caught-

"......"

"If that's the case, would it be treason?"

Oh God, treason?

I opened my eyes to a word heavier than I thought.

And I wasn't the only one who was agitated.

I saw the maid's dark brown eyes shaking harder than before.