Chapter 57

But after saying that, Irene shook her head again.

“……no, no. I think it’s a bit too early to say it now, and if it’s not true, it’ll only bring disappointment. I’m sorry, eonni. I was going to say it, but I stopped.”

“No. Don’t apologize.”

Then a maid knocked on the door and came in.

It seemed that she was trying to replace the lukewarm tea with a new brewed hot one.

“The taste of this tea is unique. Was it originally in the mansion?”

“Oh, this is……..”

After changing the subject, I took a steaming teacup to my mouth.

The unique taste was not a word that was taken out, but a sincere one.

I tasted it slowly, taking care not to burn my tongue in the hot tea.

* * *

‘What was she trying to say?”

I changed the subject and just let it pass, but it doesn’t mean that I wasn’t curious about what Irene was going to say.

But I didn’t want to force her.

‘The book.’

As soon as I got home, I came up to the room and took out a familiar book from the shelf and opened it.

The story underlying this world.

But now it’s very meaningless.

‘Because the protagonist has disappeared.’

There is no Ji-eun here. It’s just Irene.

It has already been verified at a time when the world is trying to kill Irene that the kernel inside is important, not its appearance.

‘It’s the story of Ji-eun, but without her…….’

Several main characters such as villains and male characters still exist, but it was still the story of Ji-eun at the core of the story, as the title suggests.

So now that she’s gone, the whole plot of the book designed around her has been shaken and distorted.

It’s not really about Ji-eun’s existence, but it’s going to go as it was originally set.

‘Yes, like my death.’

Flap flap.

The book pages went over with a cheerful sound of paper sheets.

Ji-eun was absent, but my origin remains the same.

Even if her absence changes the story, the fact that I am not the blood of this family and that I am not Jungkook’s sister does not change.

‘So I can’t deny it, I can’t doubt it. My disastrous future.’

The fast-paced book pages stopped suddenly on a page.

I read the exposed page silently with my eyes.

[The death of Princess Jeon.

The sudden and shocking incident left the dukedom in the silence of mourning.

The users either shed tears or paid their silent tribute.

But the flesh under his hands, the Duke of Jeon, who should be most grieved, was, ironically, the most indifferent of them.

In fact, he had no choice but to.

Duke of Jeon.

Because he was the one who put his own sword into my sister’s heart last night.