=_=CHAPTER 9=_=

They keep on talking while walking around the garden.

They arrive at the gazebo, talking while looking at the beautiful scenery. The moonshine brightly while the flowers sway, making the odor in the surrounding smell very pleasant. It was a romantic scene but then was broken by the female lead. Well, it's also because of the crown prince's sudden confession which annoyed her a lot.

"Princess Ethalia, you are very beautiful," he said as he stare at the princess who just keeps on staring at the beautiful sky. He can't help but be mesmerized by the heroine's beauty.

"Thank you, your highness." She smiled at him but you can see how much she wants to get away from this chatterbox prince.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" he suddenly asks which changed her expression a lot.

"No!" she quickly refuses.

She suddenly remembers that he is the crown prince, a famous playboy in the whole world. When she remembered that, she felt more annoyed by this stupid crown prince.

"Why?" he asked amused.

"I'm sorry, your highness but I don't have time for your games. If you'll excuse me," she said coldly before leaving the gazebo. She left quickly like she's being chased by monsters.

As the crown prince stares at her back, he can't help but laugh happily.

"I found you at last," he said while smiling creepily.

Well, seeing it myself, he is indeed creepy.

I rolled my eyes before I left and quickly went back to the banquet.

Melody doesn't know that all this time, the crown prince already noticed that someone is following them but he doesn't really care since he can't feel any killing intent. So, he let it be. The crown prince's shadow guard also already noticed her but he doesn't dare to reveal her.

He is confused about why is she following them but he doesn't know how to ask her.

The crown prince called for his trusted shadow knight.

He kneel in front of the crown prince as he reported about Melody.

"Who is following us?" the crown prince asked coldly.

The shadow knight doesn't dare to lie. He doesn't want to reveal her but he is a loyal subordinate of the crown prince. He cannot lie to his master.

"It was Lady Melody Asienna Clionte, your 2 months ago girlfriend." the shadow knight said. He wore an emotionless face but he can't help but worry about Melody.

He likes Lady Melody, he can't deny that. For him, she's a very good person. She's beautiful inside and out so that's why he likes her. He wants to be friends with her and he wants to get to know her but he's the number one trusted subordinate of the crown prince. He can't turn back on his duty. For 2 months, he's been observing her and watching her making him like her more. After all, he saw how different she is from the other noblewomen.

*Flashback*

The shadow knight watches Melody as she prepares for a birthday party. It seems the twin brothers are their birthday today.

He doesn't know why he is here again but he wants to see her now that he was given a day off. He use that time to see her because he knows, he will be busy for weeks again.

He watched her as she happily bake a beautiful cake. He can't help but think how she is so different from any woman.

The shadow knight has been with the crown prince since they were kids. As he hide in the shadow, he also met a lot of women who are too noble-like. They have many different personalities but they are all shackled by the sentence 'A noblewoman should act properly wherever she goes.' Lady Melody is different, she is free from that shackle maybe because of her family who are not too strict to her etiquettes but he can see that when she is attending a banquet, she has much better etiquette than any woman.