no one else but u.

It may sound like a broken record but, I will never get tired to remind you that this life is yours and you rule it. You should never live it based on the standard of others.
Live your life as it suits you. But ALWAYS bear a smile on your face, real or fake. I'm telling you this based on personal experiences especially professionally. Between people you know effectively be them family members or colleagues or friends, faking smiles seemed to be cruel but seeing you smiling everyday will change someone's day, believe me it can cure somebody. On the other side, it looks hypocritical but once you feel comfortable with someone, it will automatically turn into a real smile so that you can share everything with them.
Still in Dr. David R. Hawkins' book, it is said:

"Interpersonal Relationship:

As negative feelings are surrendered, there is a progressive increase of positive  feelings that results in quickly observable improvement in all relationships. There is an increase in the capacity to love. Conflicts with others decrease progressively, so that job performance improves. The elimination of negative blocks allows vocational goals to be more easily accomplished, and self sabotaging behavior based on guilt progressively diminishes. There is less and less dependence on intellectualism and a greater use of intuitive knowingness. With the resumption of personality  growth and development, there is often the uncovering of previously unsuspected creative and psychic abilities, which are thwarted in all people by suppressed negative emotions. Of great importance is the progressive diminution of dependency, the bane of all human relationships. Dependency underlies so much pain and suffering; it includes even violence and suicide as its ultimate expression. As dependency diminishes, there is also a diminution of aggressiveness and hostile behavior. These negative feelings are replaced by feelings of acceptance and lovingness toward others."

❏ ❐ ❑ It is important to focus on your relationship with others. Even if you do not feel fit in some group of people, covering your true feelings with them won't necessarily entail into damage. It will improve from time to time. Some things will change. You faked a smile yesterday but tomorrow, it will turn into a real one. And no one else but only you can do it. Why? Just because you see things are going wrong, so it's up to you to resolve it. Whether continuing to disagree and start a conflict or trying to understand others by accepting.