16 | yearbook

| kazuha |

"what do you mean?" i asked her once more. what does she mean she didn't know.

"ah well i took liberal arts in monst university, i took a psychology class with her. we were both in a theater org but i've never seen her hold an instrument."

"i assumed she was in the same degree with me, i'm two years ahead of her so i didn't really know what she graduated in."

"ah also, we only kept in touch because our org holds yearly meetings. we were college org friends and i recommended her jobs whenever she needed them." amber kept explaining

"i see."

"well.. uh thank you for telling me.. i can bring this back on my own." i told her as she hummed alright and bid her good bye.

'maybe they just weren't close enough outside their organization?' i thought to myself as i entered back the room.

i placed the box down the table and eyed venti.

"what?" he asked as he raised an eyebrow at me.

"you know ms. amber, right?" i asked him and he casually answers, "yeah."

"how'd you know her?"

"we went to the same college! i was her senior when she was a freshman." venti hummed

"so you went to monst. university too?"

"mhm, aether too."

"i know amber as well," aether commented as he drank a cup of tea.

"in my year, she was my senior, she was two years ahead of me."

"wait, then is (first name) familiar to you?" i asked him as he cocked an eyebrow at me,

"what's with (first name)?" he asked as he put his cup down

"ms. amber said she was 2 years ahead of (first name) when they were in college in MU."

"you're batchmates i suppose," i followed with my statement.

"thousands of students go to MU every year, maybe i passed by her one time before, but no, i didn't know her from before."

"do you still have your college yearbook?" i bugged him as he finally asked, "is something bothering you?"

i hesitated to answer at first but finally nodded.

"what is it?" xiao asked as he raised his head from the desk

"i asked about (first name) through ms. amber.. i just really wanted to know how a lawyer would end up in showbiz.."

"and?" aether continued.

"ms. amber said she didn't know (first name) majored law."

"nor could she play any instruments."

"you're joking, right?" venti asked me, "she looked like she played the piano for years. she has a great sense of tune too. you can't possibly fake talent." venti followed through his question.