Chapter 020

Jared Cromwell lit a cigarette and took a sip.

Somehow, maybe the cigarette was too heavy, even his lungs began to slightly aching.

He lowered his head and coughed a few times. When he glanced down, he saw a person sitting downstairs next to the flower bed.

There was a man dressed in a slightly old white sweater, Herman.

He even forgot to smoke the cigarette in his hand and stared blankly at the little figure. He did not come to himself until the cigarette was almost burnt down to his fingers.

After a while, he picked up his phone and made a call.

The phone connected, and Herman Easton's voice came over. "Jared Cromwell?"

Jared Cromwell's voice was somehow hoarse. "It's almost time to get off work. Let me take you to dinner."

"You want to take me to dinner?"

"Yes."

Herman Easton was in shock. "Erm, is there something wrong with you today?"

Jared Cromwell paused. "What do you want to eat?"

Herman Easton rolled his eyes and said, "Did Julian Nye go on a business trip, then you're lonely now? Well, I'll help you to get a rent boy to entertain you. Don't tease me. I'm very tired."

"I don't mean that." His voice choked. "I just want to take you to dinner."

"You don't have to treat me!" Herman Easton said disdainfully, "I enjoy big meals every day, so I disdain to eat your food!"

Jared Cromwell listened to Herman Easton's stubborn words, but his eyes were still looking at the thin-dressed man sitting beside the flower bed.

Big meals every day?

He would casually finish his meal every day. He would have things such as bread, cold porridge, and cold rice. How could that be called big meals?

This man was just this way. He would carry on living his life even he was suffered, but would not beg for mercy from him.

He was so stubborn that it made Jared Cromwell angry.

Jared Cromwell took a deep breath. "That's it. I'll take you to dinner tonight. Wait for me."

As he spoke, he hung up hurriedly as if he was afraid of being rejected.

He locked Herman Easton's information in the cabinet, picked up the car key and walked out of the director's office. He said to Anna, who was still working with the financial data, "I've finished work for the day, Anna. Please help finish the rest of the work. You will be in charge of tonight's video conference."

Anna blinked. "But, I'm not ready..... "

"Trust yourself." Jared Cromwell replied, without any hesitation, he nodded and went down in the private elevator.

He left Anna stood frozen with her eyes widely open.

President Cromwell, a workaholic, get off work earlier?

And he needed her to host the conference call?

She sat down on the chair with a dead heart.

She did not know if there was a coffin available, but she really wanted to prepare one for herself in advance.

.....

Jared Cromwell walked out of the group building and saw Herman Easton sitting by the flower bed with his back to him, eating the terrible bread.

His back was very thin, and his coat was a little big, making him look even smaller. His neck was thin and pale, and his ears were frozen red by the cold autumn wind.

Jared Cromwell's eyes suddenly became a little darkened. He quietly walked to Herman Easton and sat down beside him.

Herman Easton turned his head and almost choked to death while taking in a mouthful of yogurt.

"Ahem... Ahem... "

Jared Cromwell frowned and patted his back. "Why do you eat so fast?"

Herman Easton put down the yogurt. "Isn't it time to get off work? Why did you come out?"

"I don't have any particularly important work, so I thought I'd leave work early."

Herman Easton was puzzled. "You obviously have a video conference..... "

"It's Anna," Jared Cromwell said in a serious tone. "Anna wants to host this meeting and begged me to give her a chance. So I give it to her."

Herman Easton was a little suspicious. "Really?"

Jared Cromwell nodded solemnly. "Yes."

Herman Easton turned around and took another mouthful of bread.

"Don't eat this. I'll take you to have some good one."

"No! I'm full. You can invite your lover." Herman Easton held the bread and took another bite.

Jared Cromwell reached out and grabbed his half-eaten bread. "Don't eat this!"

"Give it back to me!" Herman Easton shouted and reached out to grab it.

Jared Cromwell wrapped his arms around his waist while he was not looking. "Can you be more obedient? I'll take you to eat French cuisine, okay?"

"Go with someone who likes to eat it, give my bread back to me!"

Jared Cromwell was about to speak, but he saw a long scar on Herman Easton's neck, which was close at hand. This scar must have been there for a long time. It was slender and white. If he did not look at it deliberately, he would not have noticed it at all.

He touched the scar with his finger. "This wound..... '