Child! Sabo x Child! Reader. Pinky promise?

-AN-
Alright, to those of you who read my ace x Reader, sorry I haven't updated in a while exams this week have been crazy hard. So sorry, also, I won't be able to update Friday or Saturday. Because guess who's going to comicon? *wiggles eyebrows* Anyway, enjoy!

Tears dripped to the floor around the young noble girl, currently alone in the large forest just outside Gray-Terminal.

She had been running away from her home for the fifth time, sick of the duties and responsibilities a girl of her status held. However, in her desperate attempt to escape, she had become lost in the thick cluster of trees.

Hence the reason she was sat alone and crying. She was scared.

Many cuts lined her calves and ankles, the hem of her dress torn and tattered. Not that she cared about the dress. She hated dresses, but her parents made her wear them. Something about being...ladylike?

She was abruptly torn from her despair by a loud snapping noise to her left. Her head darted up see the outline of a small body approaching. Despite the fact it looked childlike, she wasn't taking any chances, and quickly scrambled to her feet. Despite the pain in her legs.

Frozen with fear, she watched as a top-hatted boy emerged from the shadows of the twisting trees. He gave her a concerned glance, and rubbed the back of his neck.

"I heard you crying...What's wrong?"

The blonde boy asked suddenly, causing the girl to jump. She looked away, pushing a few tatty (h/c) strands of hair behind her ear.

"I ran a-away from home..."

She said, voice barely above a whisper. The boy came closer, pulled a roll of bandages from his pocket, muttered something about the severity of her wounds, before he began binding them.

"Why?"

He chided, mumbling a quick apology when she whimpered in pain.

"Cause I'm a noble... and I hate it."

The boy froze. He couldn't believe it. There was another like him? He shook his head quickly, finished binding her wounds, and stood back up.

"What's your name?"

"(Y/n)"

"Well (y/n),"

The young blonde began, extending a hand for you to shake. You took it shyly, blushing at the warmth radiating from his small palm.

"I'm Sabo!"

Smiling gently, you let go of his hand and looked away.

"H-hi Sabo..."

He laughed at your uneasiness, took your hand, and began leading you away.

"Where are we going?"

You chirped quickly, not being one to trust quickly, you had to know where you were going before you ran off willy nilly.

"To play! You look like you need a friend!"

Smiling softly, a few more tears fell from your eyes. However, there were tears of joy...

-time skeplep.-

You laughed heartily as you and Sabo rolled down a large, lush green hill.

Not once had someone been so kind to you. For a moment, you wondered if he had ulterior motives... nah, he was too kind. No one would be that kind even if there was a doubled reason.

You both panted heavily, smiles still present as you huffed.

"Hey...Sabo?"

"Yeah?"

"Why were you so nice to me before?"

You asked quietly, still slightly nervous to hear his answer. There was a brief silence, before he sighed. Both of you laid on your backs, heads touching.

"Because I'm a noble too. I hate it, and I know how you feel."

Your eyes widened, he was a noble? He knew exactly how you felt? You quickly rolled onto your tummy, encouraging Sabo to do the same. Once he did, you smiled at him.

"Promise me we'll be friends forever."

You demanded bluntly. He raised an eyebrow, a small half smile on his face.

"Why?"

"Cuz we're one in the same! We'll be awesome friends, so just promise!"

He chuckled and shook his head.

"Alright, alright... I promise."

You quickly flung out your small hand, all fingers curling into your palm, aside from your little finger. With a cute smile and a small voice, you chirped,

"Pinky promise?"

Sighing with another smile, he reached out his hand and linked Pinky fingers with you.

"Pinky promise..."