UNO

It had been awhile since Rose had been able to slip subconsciously into her little head space. Recently she had either needed jack to help or she would only partly put herself into it.

She's never needed it for a trauma response, but more to take stress from streaming and taking the responsibility of being an adult as a whole. Today Rose had slipped slightly, her head had been feeling fuzzy since she woke up this morning and she couldn't tell what triggered it. Maybe it was the stress of moving to a new place, or going shopping on her own at night, or it was most likely the man who stood up for her and complimented her new stuffie while she was already falling into her head space.

She started the day in her favorite over sized t-shirt and her purple bunny hanging by her side by her ear. As she wasn't completely in the younger mindset Rose knew there was something she was meant to do today but couldn't remember what it was. Until she remembered, she wanted to sit in front of her TV watching paw patrol in her pj's while colouring.

It had gotten to one in the afternoon when her phone had started to ring. Rose had left it to ring until it stopped but just as it stopped it started again. Initially jack had told her not to answer the door or phone calls during this time unless it was him but as she wasn't fully there yet she thought it couldn't hurt to answer. Turning her phone over the screen showed it was a discord call from corpse.

"hello?" she was most defiantly confused of why corpse was calling.

"Rosie" he breathed out. "finally, I've been trying to get a hold of you, wait, don't tell me you forgot" forgot? forgot what

"hmm nope i didn't forget, nope, no, I would never forget about....the um"

"It's fine Karl was late too so we only just started, grab some snacks and come join us" At this point Rose vaguely knew what corpse was talking about but she must have forgotten when she answered his text yesterday.

"But i'm not that hungry, i can wait till we've finished"

"Have you eaten lunch yet?"

"well no. But i'm not hungry yet so i'll eat later"

"Rosie. Grab some fruit or something and put it next to your computer, you don't have to eat it it's just there if you want it." Corpse had said it in such a calm yet assertive voice that Rose felt bad for saying no again.

"Fine mom" she replied rolling her eyes.

"I prefer daddy but as you wish now hurry up and join the discord call."

Before she could do anything or say anything back he left. Rose wasn't going stream, she hadn't prepared and then she would be able to stay in her comfy clothes. So instead she did as she was told and grabbed some grapes, but it she wasn't going to eat them. Nope. She wasn't going to give corpse the satisfaction of her doing what he told her to do. She would rather let them sit there as she played with her friends.

"hello people" she said joining the discord, she sat crosslegged on her lightish blue chair, wrapped in a blanket.

"Hi rose we are playing golf" Tina started off, she seemed rather excited and until I pulled up her stream I found she was winning.

"hi Tina how are you"

"I'm good thanks for asking, how about you?"

"I'm doing okay thank you Tina" Rosie pulled her sweater sleeves over her hands to hide the over exited smile on her face yet there was no one to get her embarrassed except her purple rabbit she had put in front of her computer.

"I guess everyone else is doing alright no need to ask" George spoke up and the only thing to fill the silence was rose's gasp and giggles from corpse. But at first she couldn't quite figure out who it was. The laugh seemed to high pitched for the guy. And giggles? cute she thought.

"sorry George"

"It's fine rosie i was just joking" he started laughing too. Which rosie replied with an okay and a nervous laugh about her awkwardness but someone had other things on their mind.

"rose." corpse whispered. You could tell from the other side of the screen he was no longer laughing nor smiling.

"huh? anyways let's start a new game, Tina's already won" And so they did as george said. Multiple times. Well until people started dropping out. First it was rae, then karl and sapnap.

So the group of seven turned to a group of four and now were changing to another game.

"Oo Oo pick uno please" Rosie hadn't played for the last hour as she still felt fuzzy but she stayed to talk. While she was in her younger mindset her and jack would always play uno so right now it was her obvious first choice.

"UNO it is then rosie, i'm guessing your joining this game?"

"uhh duhh Mr smarty pants, i'm gonna win every game" Rosie, being Rosie was forgetful and a bit clumsy sometimes so instead of remembering that she was on call and nobody could see her face she stuck on tongue out. Then remembering, Rosie go back into her chair in embarrassment. Coupes on the other hand laughed under his breath but carried on anyways and set up the new game.

Rosie did as she said she would, winning most games mostly due to corpse as he felt bad when she lost. He would always try to change the game around on to George by giving him plus fours or miss a go's. Corpse couldn't tel if George was trying to flirt or not, The twenty four year old wasn't very mature for his age and would intern change the game onto Rosie and laughed when something went wrong. So corpse tried not to worry about it as long as he didn't try anything other then the terrible flirt.

"ha 'm gonna win again" she shouts down the mic.

"Rosie too loud" corpse gritted his teeth and winced slightly from the mic noises.

"oops sorry corpse but i'm not sorry about this" she laughed as she threw him a skip a go.

"alright alright this is going to be my last game it's getting late over here" tina spoke out after a while. The games have been going on for a while and even the bubbly little was slowly growing fidgety.

Throughout the stream, Rosie had been glancing over to her grapes. She wasn't particularly hungry but they were just sitting there. All lonely. Maybe one wouldn't hurt.

"Rose you just missed your turn and now Tina's gonna win ugh" george groaned making Rosie tear her eyes away from the "to be forgotten" grapes.

Tina did win the last round sadly. Leaving a pout on Rose's lips.

"thanks for inviting me corpse, i'm going to go bye" tina said.

"sam . bye guys, bye, byeeee. okay bye" george agreed.

And there left Rosie and corpse. He still had to finish his stream up so as he did she muted and looked over at the grapes one last time complimenting eating them. And then, accidently of course, one may have ended up in her mouth.

Corpse came back after a couple minutes to the call of two. "oh sorry i thought you left as well, is everything okay?" he asked.

"Oh yeah i thought i could stay and we could talk, i'm bored and there's nothing i can do here"

"You can stay if you want, what should we talk about?"