Chapter 21

The next day you woke up a little later then usual and stretched your limbs a little.

For some reason, you couldn't really rest easy with Alexs words ringing in your head.

Why would Aphmaus work be worrying for you?

You tried not to dwell on it for too long and got dressed.

Once fully clothed, you turned to the unfinished project.

The family tree.

You had every spot filled in except for the Dad part.

You couldn't think of not one person who could fit in that spot.

Maybe Aphmau'll help you!

You rolled up in project into a cylinder and went to Aphmau and Aarons room.

"Hey Mom? Can you help me with thi--Oh..."

She wasn't in here. Neither was Aaron. He did say he was running somewhere real fast. Funny how that's the only thing you managed to remember witin your haziness of sleep.

"Mm...Did she leave with Aaron or..." "I'm on my way out right now Zane!" "Huh?"

You walked downstairs and saw Aphmau grab a few things before heading towards the door.

"Uhh...Mom?" "Hm? Oh! Good afternoon Y/n! Have a good sleep?"

You laughed sheepishly at how late you slept in and nodded your head.

"Yeah...I was wondering...Could you help me with something?" "Ah...I wish I could but I'm heading over to Zanes house for a bit." "Oh...When can I come with and maybe you can help me there?"

"Sure! Right after me and Zane discuss a little of the maid cafés success."

"Thanks!" You grinned at the short woman and slipped on some shoes before heading over to the guys house.

It wasn't that far a walk considering it was only across the street but it did take a minute for someone to get to the door.

"So...The thing I need help with, Its actually about the--" "Aphmau...Hey."

"Hey Zane! I'm ready to hang out." Aphmau stepped in hand and hand with you before looking around in confusion.

"The guys aren't here?"

"Nope...Laurance went out for a bit and Garroth mentioned he was going to your house to speak with Aaron."

"Really? I didn't seem him." You grew bored of the conversation rather quickly and tugged at Aphmaus arm.

"Can you help me now?"

"Oh! I...Didn't see you there Y/n. Sorry, but we need to discuss about the maid café right now."

"You can wait a bit longer, can't you?"

"W-Well...I guess I can--"

"Great! In my room of Aphmau?" "Sure! I promise I'll help you right after this."
"Okay."

And with that the two departed into Zanes room, leaving you alone in the living room.

You sighed, not really bothered by the lack of attention but annoyed you had to do this project all but yourself now.

Maybe you could put someone else in the positon of Dad.

But who?

This was harder them trying to figure out who to take to the dance which you still have no answer to by the way.

Gene might do.

He said if you seriously can't think of anyone else, he'd be glad to go with you.

Maybe you could even put him in the Dad circle.