Chapter 35

Sanjana's P.O.V.

I woke up with a massive headache and the left side of my face throbbing with pain. I turned my face and smiled as I was greeted by Rohan's face. I smiled as I took in his disheveled form. He must have slept only an hour ago since I remember that he was awake both the times I had a nightmare. I hesitantly brought my hand up to cup his cheek as caressed it as he snuggled closer to me.

The door to my room slammed open and I glared at Sonia.

"I just wanted to inform you that breakfast is ready,"

"I'll be there in a minute," I said.

I sat up and stretched my sore arms and got off the bed. I tucked the blanket around Rohan and kissed his forehead before walking to the kitchen.

"Good morning,"

"Jiju still sleeping?"

"Yeah,"

"Some gentleman he is," dad snorted.

"He was awake all night looking after me, that's why he's asleep," I snapped but immediately feel guilty.

"Sanju--"

"I don't want to talk about it okay? Just let me eat peacefully without giving me those pity filled glances okay?"

"Beta--"

"Sanjana! Dad have you see--" Rohan came to a halt as he looked at me.

His hands were trembling as he was gasping for breath. He closed his eyes and calmed down before muttering good morning as settling besides me. With trembling hands he took the spoon and stirred the porridge.

"Jiju's hands are still trembling," Sonia quipped as she giggled.

"Sonia," mom reprimanded her.

"I was just scared," he groaned.

"Scared of?"

"That--"

"That's none of your business Sonu, chup raho,"

"Rohan,"

"Yes dad,"

"I'm sorry about yesterday, I didn't mean those words, I hope you know that," dad said.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked at dad and Rohan in confusion. What words? And why was dad sorry?

"What words?"

"Oh nothing big, you know never to take words spoken in anger seriously," Rohan said with a casual shrug.

"Mhmm?"

"It's was just dad being silly Sanju,"

"If you say so," I muttered before focusing on my porridge. But I'd already remembered what words. My memory was still a little hazy but I knew now what he was talking about.

°

"Rohan,"

"Ha Sanjana?"

"Why... why were you so scared in the morning?"

"Nothing it's just silly," he said as he avoided eye-contact.

"Rohan," I said as I sat on the bed besides him.

"I woke up... I woke up and you weren't here I just thought you'd left and--" he halted and he stared at me with a small smile on his lips.

"I got scared okay?" He said softly.

"And why would I want to run away from the best life partner I could ever ask for?"

I wrapped my arms around his torso and hugged him tightly.