Part 9

I stood besides Steve as Bucky sat on the hospital bed, being tended to by some nurses.

"You sure you want to do this?" Steve asked.

It's been a few weeks since Bucky had told us that he wanted to go back into cryo. He wanted to make sure he was fully in control of his own mind.

"Yeah I'm sure" Bucky said giving Steve and I a tight smile.

"The chamber is ready" Shuri interrupted.

"You ready?" I asked.

"Yeah I'm ready" Bucky said.

Bucky stood up and walked over to the chamber standing against the wall.

"Thank you, thanks both of you" Bucky said.

I smiled and gave Bucky a nod.

"I'll give you two a minute" I said.

I placed my hand on Steve's shoulder and gave him a small smile before heading over to stand next to T'challa who was looking out the big glass window.

"Shuri will find an answer to Bucky's problems" T'challa said.

I glanced back to Steve and Bucky who were in a conversation.

"Yeah I hope so" I said turning back around to face T'challa.

"What will you and Steve be doing now?" T'challa asked.

"We have a few friends who need breaking out of prison" I said.

"Let's not forget Natasha" T'challa chuckled.

"We've got to get the team back together" I said.

"I wish you the best, you know I don't mind if you stay here in Wakanda" T'challa offered.

"No it's alright Steve and I both decided we should leave, we don't want to put you at risk" I said.

I looked over to Steve who was already looking over at me. I gave him a sodt smile which he returned before looking back over to T'challa.

"Ah I see" T'challa said with a smile.

"See what?" I asked.

"The two of you" T'challa said waving his finger between the two of us.

"I- no we are not together" I laughed.

"Oh I just thought" T'challa thought.

Steve walked over causing T'challa to stop talking.

"Hey," Steve said coming to stand next to me.

"You alright?" I asked him.

Steve let out a sigh and shrugged his shoulders.

"Not really but it's his choice" Steve said glancing back to a now frozen Bucky.

I placed my hand on Steve's shoulder and turned him around to face me.

"Come here" I whispered.

Steve hesitated for a second before stepping forward and allowing me to wrap my arms around him. He did the same his arms resting around my waist.

I heard T'challa's footsteps as he walked away allowing the two of us some space.

I pulled away but rested my hands on Steve's shoulders and gave him a crooked smile.

"Natasha managed to contact me" Steve said changing the subject.

"Really, How?" I asked pulling away.

"She managed to hack into our quinjets system and leave a message" Steve said laughing a little bit.

I laughed a little and shook my head.

"Now we have to break the rest out of prison" I sighed.

"They're on the raft it'll be tough" Steve said.

"Yeah, but we'll be fine" I said.

Steve nodded and looked back at the chamber Bucky was held in the glass covered in ice so you couldn't see him.

"Let's go" I said.

Steve nodded in agreement and we left the lab heading towards our rooms.

"We'll have to start packing some bags" Steve said.

"We might have to ask for more clothes" I said.

"Well you don't you always steal my shirts" Steve chuckled.

"They're comfortable ok" I laughed.

"Yeah, yeah your just lucky they look good on you" Steve said.

"Everything looks good on me" I joked nudging Steve in the side.

"If you say so" Steve said.

I shook my head and entered my room taking one last look at Steve who offered me a smile before entering his own room.

Steve and I had grown close, incredibly close. Which is weird regarding I haven't actually known him for too long. Yet I trusted him, trusted him like a friend I've known for years. We seemed to have this strong bond. Most likely due to the fact we had to bond, but I think it's something else.

I quickly packed up my duffle bag with all my belongings, spoiler alert there was hardly anything. I swung the duffle over my shoulder and headed out. Steve was sitting down on the couch with his bag between his feet.

"T'challa will be bringing us down to the jet" Steve said standing up.

"I'll miss this place" I mused looking out the window.

"It is pretty amazing" Steve agreed, his gaze didn't follow mine instead when he spoke he kept his eyes on me.

I cleared my throat and Steve and I I headed towards the runway where our quinjet was now parked.

T'challa headed towards us a big smile spread across the kings face.

"I wish you the best" T'challa said.

"Thank you, thank you for everything" Steve said.

"It's the least I could do Captain" T'challa replied.

Steve smiled and nodded his head for me to follow the two outside.

"I'll miss you too, and Shuri will miss you too Y/n" T'challa said looking back at me.

Shuri was T'challa's younger sister and she loved me. She was amazed by my powers and abilities. I wouldn't be suprised if she recreated the radioactive spider.

She also reminded me of Peter. In alot of ways.

"I'll miss her too" I chuckled.

We arrived just outside the quinjet.

"Good luck" T'challa said giving us a nod.

"Thank you" I replied.

T'challa gave us one final smile before heading back inside. I looked over to Steve who was already looking at me and smiled, Steve nodded and we both headed inside the jet.

"Ready for a jail break?" Steve joked.

"I'm ready" I said with a laugh.