Fifty-Five

Severus looked up as Amelia flooed in. He rolled his eyes. "If you want to avoid being seen, you really need to stop coming so often," he said.

Amelia scoffed. "Charming. I found our daughter. My mother has put her into hiding. And I don't blame her. Why the hell didn't you tell me that the Carrow's have been in here? What if they would have found her?"

"I wouldn't have let that happen."

Amelia rolled her eyes. "You promised me that she would be safe here. And yet she isn't. She's better off where she is," she told him.

"And where is she?"

Amelia shook her head. "I'm not telling you that. I'm sorry. But no. You'll take her again. And I'm not risking that," she told him as she went to walk off.

Severus grabbed her arm. "Where is she?"

Amelia turned to look at him. "You won't know where she is. Only I know where she is. And I will die before I let her into this school again," she spat.

"I will find her Amelia."

Amelia shrugged. "Good luck with that."

****

Maisie looked up as Amelia walked towards her. Her eyes widened. "You're not supposed to be here. If you're seen by anyone," she said.

"I think I have signed my own death certificate," Amelia said as she looked at her.

"Why? What's happened?"

Amelia sighed. "My mother took Ivy. I know where she is. But I haven't told Severus. He didn't tell me that the Carrow's are here. That they've been in the office. And... I'm not putting her at risk. So I told him I'd die before I let her come back here," she told her.

Maisie frowned. "Amelia... where even is she?"

"I can't tell you. I really can't. Because if Severus knows you know, he could slip you a truth potion and... I'm sorry. But I can't risk it. She is safe where she is. And that's all I want for her."

Maisie nodded and smiled. Amelia wiped away her tears. "I-I don't think I'm going to survive this war. And I think my time is coming. So I want you to promise me right now that when I'm gone, you and Draco will look after Ivy. That you'll raise her knowing how much I loved her," Amelia said.

"You're not going to die. I won't let you."

Amelia wiped away some tears. She looked at her. "I don't think there's a choice Maisie. I just... I want to know that she will be loved. And she will know how much I loved her. Promise me," she sobbed.

Maisie nodded. She too her hand. "I promise. And I won't break my promise to you. I promise you," she told her.

****

Amelia walked into the manor. She saw Narcissa. She looked at her. "She is going to be okay isn't she? She will be safe?" She asked.

Narcissa smiled and nodded. "She will. I promise you."

Amelia broke down crying. "I'm scared. Scared that everything is going to go wrong," she sobbed.

Narcissa held her daughter close. She smiled. "I won't let you down my darling. You are going to be okay. I won't let anyone hurt you again."

Amelia wiped away the tears. She sighed. "Ivy is the best thing I've ever done."

"As are you and your brother."

Amelia looked at Narcissa and smiled. But with things coming to a head, who will survive?

****
AUTHORS NOTE;
Not me sobbing with this chapter...
what do you all think is going to happen?