𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 63

"I'm almost there baby," Axton says and I close my eyes, but all I see is her lifeless body

The elevator opens and he walks out , rushing to me and wrapping his arms around me. I take in his warmth and embrace. I calm down a little, but the image is still in my head. 

"What happened?" he asks, still holding me. 

"Mom- mom is dead Axton!" I break down again. 

"What?" he asks and I shake my head. 

"Are you sure?" he asks and I nod. 

"Where-" I cut him off. 

"My apartment,our- the freaking apartment Axton." I sob, fisting his shirt in my hand. He tries to go but I pull him back. 

"No, Axton don't leave me please." I beg him, hoping he'll hold me, probably forever. 

"I'm not going anywhere." He takes out his phone and calls the police station. 

"I think we should go downstairs." he says and I merely shake my head. 

He picks me up, bridal style and walks into the elevator. 

She's dead. 

I break down in his arms. But he holds me tighter as the elevator takes us down the floors.

We exit the elevator as the girl at the front desk, run up to us. 

"I heard you scream, but the camera footage was off," she says but all I can think about is her on the floor. Axton speaks to her as I sob, not taking part in the conversation. 

---

"My baby!" Amyra runs to me and pulls me into a hug. I start crying as she hugs me. The police were upstairs, Jace was upstairs with Axton and the investigation crew. 

"It's gonna be okay, I promise." she kisses my forehead.

My phone rings and I pick it up, but I start  crying, what the fuck? 

Why is her name flashing over my screen?

"What's wrong? Fuck! What happened babe?" Axton asks me, pulling me into his arms. 

"I-" I lift the phone up and Axton's eyebrows raise. 

"Isn't she dead?" he asks and I try not to cry but fail.

"Fuck! Baby I'm sorry-" 

"Soph!" Jace calls my name but as soon as he does, my mother walks through the glass doors of my building. 

I let out a scream because I don't fucking understand what's going on. 

"Axton I'm going mad!" I yell, dropping to the floor, holding my head because everything is spinning. 

"I- baby you're not! Fuck I hate seeing you like this, come on get up my love, you're stronger than this." he kneels on the floor and stands me up. I look at, I don't know what the fuck I'm looking at!