14 | Night crawler

-Maya-

"Mommy!" I hear Luna calling me in a panic. I throw the covers off my body and run to her bedroom.

When I push the door open, I see Noah's dad holding my daughter at gun point.

"Put her down you bastard!" I scream at him.
Luna struggles to escape his grip.
"Is that anyway to treat your grandpa, Luna?" He says, pushing the gun more into her head.

I reach to my hip to find my pocket empty.
"Looking for this?" I older woman comes from behind me, waving my gun in my face.
I reach for it while she jumps back. "Too slow!"

"Where is my son?" Noah's dad yells at me. "I don't know." "Liar!"
He applies pressure to Lunas head, hearing her cry's get louder.

"I'm telling the truth! Let her go!"
"You and my son deserve nothing but the worst things in the world."

Noah's father doesn't hesitate to pull the trigger in front of me.
I fall on my knees at my daughters lifeless body drops to the floor.

*

"Maya! Maya wake up!"
Noah shakes my trembling body. My blood rushes to my head and i jump from the bed.

"Where's Luna?" I yell out. "I just put her to bed. You were shaking."
I rub my head, realizing it was just a dream.

Noah moves to the end of the bed and puts his hands on my waist. He pulls me closer to him, making me stand between his legs.

"What happened?" He softly asks. "It was just a nightmare." I try to reassure him.
"If it was just a nightmare, why do I have a feeling you're leaving out so many details?"

He wasn't wrong. I wasn't being 100% honest. The nightmare involved what I've been trying to run from for the past 5 years.

"You don't need to worry." I run my fingers in his hair to calm him.
"I always do." He lays his head against my chest, hearing my rapid heartbeat.

"We should go back to sleep." I say, pushing him away slightly.
"We can stay up if you can't go back to sleep." "No I can, I promise."

I crawl into bed next to Noah, sinking into the bed with his arms around me.
Noah doesn't take to fall into dreamland but I struggled to fall asleep after the nightmare.

*

I wake up to the sunlight beaming in my face from the open curtains.
I lift myself from the bed and throw the covers.

When I walk downstairs, I see Luna and Santiago playing around in the living room.

"What did I miss?" I ask.
"Tío Santi wants to take me to the zoo!" Luna squeals out.
"Only if that's okay with you and Noah." Santiago asks.

"I don't see why not, we could use the alone time anyways." Noah comes from behind me with a smirk on his face.

"Dude, Luna is in the room." Santiago says, giving Noah a disgusted look.

"No, I have to agree with Noah. There are some things we need to take care of." I insert myself into the conversation.

"I'll take her now then, don't kill each other." Santiago picks up Luna.
Noah and I wave at Luna while Santi takes her away, shutting the front door.

"Should I be concerned about what we need to talk about?" Noah asks me.
"I think it's time you know why I really left."

Thank you for reading todays chapter

AHHHH! SHES FINALLY GONNA REVEAL IT GUYS!

Also, please be patience with me. I am aware that I haven't been updating the best I promised. I have been trying to focus on school first and other things, along with a situation that happened this past week which is why I didn't update.

I will try to keep my promise but i cannot promise it'll always be Tuesday's and Thursdays now. All I can say is I will try to stay in the weekdays twice at least and the times will be between 8-10.

I hope you enjoyed today's chapter. Stay healthy and safe, I love you babes. -R. <3

 <3