Chapter 6: Willow

I finish making the pasta and Lizzie is thankfully feeling much better. We sit down at the table and enjoy the meal as we sit in silence having conversations with our eyes. I put the last bite into my mouth and stare at her, admiring her every movement. I still can't get over how beautiful she is in real life. I knew she was gorgeous from the photos but wow! She notices me staring and starts to blush to cause her to smile. Of course, that makes me smile and I have the feeling that I need to look away.

I grab her plate and put it in the dishwasher because I don't want to waste me last few minutes with her cleaning dishes. She sat back on the couch and I go to meet her there.

"So," I say.

"So." She says back.

"What's your plan, Ms. Olsen?" I ask her, wondering what she's doing next. She plays with her fingers while looking at the floor avoiding eye contact.

"Well... I'm enjoying being with you here a lot. It's nice not to have to worry's about anything and I can just relax." I nod and let her continue talking because it seems like she has more to say. "I was wondering if I could stay a little longer and leave sometime later tonight?" She asks.

"Of course you can stay. Honestly, I didn't want you to go home yet. I like having you around seeing as it makes the farm day much more interesting. But yes, you can stay as long as you like!" I say and smile.

"Thank you. I appreciate that."

"So where are you staying right now while filming."

"As of now, I am staying in a grubby motel down the street. It's the only one in this area and there are bugs everywhere. I don't mind being "one with nature", but it's just gross. And not to mention the mattress. It feels like I'm sleeping on cardboard ugh." She rants on. I don't say anything trying to take in everything she just said. She notices and speaks again.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound ungrateful or snobby but I think anyone would have the same complaints as me if they had to stay there for more than a couple of nights." Lizzie says.

"I don't blame you. I stayed in there for a night when I was moving into this place and I couldn't have got out any sooner. How long have you been staying there for?"

"Well, we just started filming on the 20th of May. We are probably going to be shooting till the end of August which means I'm going to be there for a long time." She rubs her forehead and has a distressed look on her face.

"I do get to go home for a week sometime in the summer though. So at least I'll have a break in between." She continues.

"Oh my gosh. That's got to suck even with the break. I couldn't even stand one night in that place." I think for a minute. "You know... if you feel comfortable with it, you can always stay at my house while you are filming. No pressure though."

She looks up and makes eye contact with me. "Are you serious?" She asks.

"Yeah, I am. I think it would be fun and it would help you out so why not!" I say.

"Oh my goodness! Thank you!" She jumps up off the couch and wraps her arms around my neck giving me a tight squeeze. She gives out a little squeak as she pulls away and smiles.

"You won't regret this!" She says, clearly excited.

It's around 8:00 pm now and it's almost my favourite time of the night. I quickly grab Lizzie's hand and pull her towards the door grabbing a blanket on my way out. I start running and drag her behind me trying to get there before I miss it. "Where are we going?!" She speaks.

"You will find out when we get there. Don't be nosey!" I joke and she lets out a little giggle. God, I love her laugh. It's so contagious and she usually scrunches her nose at some point which is my favourite thing that she does. I haven't even known her for a day and I'm already catching feelings for her.