16.

February was one of the coldest months of the year and the weather had officially reached the lows forcing Sanchez to put clothes on

          February was one of the coldest months of the year and the weather had officially reached the lows forcing Sanchez to put clothes on. The only con to being properly dressed was being too hot when inside the buildings. That left him to sit outside in the courtyard while everyone filled the cafes, library and every other hangout spot that was inside. He sat unbothered with a single airpod in his ear, waiting on the boys to get out of their class and meet him there. His classes were done for the day but they rode with him to campus and he wasn't gonna have them walk in the cold — though it was only a ten minute walk.

He watched highlights of last night's basketball game that he missed because he fell asleep early. He put his fist up to his mouth at the push crossover followed by a behind the back hesitation and a half court shot. He listened to the commentators crack jokes on the player that was on guard. The subtle sound of someone being in close proximity to him made him glance around but he didn't expect Tia to be coming up to the bench. She sat down beside him, folded her hands in her lap, and waited for him to remove his airpod. He paused the video and took the airpod out.

"Hello, how are you?" she asked.

"I'm cool. Wassup?" the last time he talked to Tia was the day after his birthday. She texted him via social media expressing her dislike for how everything played out the night before. He replied with 'your feelings are valid but it is what it is' and left it at that. They hardly saw one another on campus so he was able to dodge her and a possible conversation.

"You haven't been getting my messages? You ignoring me or something? I didn't know we were on that type of time."

"What you want from me, Tia? You keep wanting to talk but we ain't got nothing to talk about so I'm not understanding."

"We don't have anything to talk about? I'm still waiting on the dick I'm owed. Or did you forget you was having trouble getting it up? I'm here to collect."

Sanchez brushed his thumb across his nose. He hadn't forgotten what happened but he chose not to think about it because it happens to everyone. It was his first time experiencing it and he was definitely ashamed in the moment, but by morning he thought it was comedy. Especially because Tia was truly disappointed but not enough to keep from finding herself a replacement a few moments after. He knew all about her going home with his teammate because he made sure to give Sanchez a full review in the locker room.

"You ain't collecting nothing from me after you sent that long ass paragraph in your feelings about somebody I'm not even with. You knew the agreement and failed to play your part."

"All your friends feed you or just her?" she tilted her head. Sanchez frowned. "Yes, I seen y'all out the other night. I was gonna speak but I didn't want to ruin the moment. It was cute."