34. We are drunk?

Ace

2 days later...

Bang my head against the wall for this bizarre idea.

I gritted my teeth, questioning myself for the 652nd time why I even thought about this. Even Athena didn't know about this shitty meeting. What if she sees this and misunderstands?

The thought alone made me look around before another thought occurred and I cussed in my head.

She wouldn't notice, I was in a fucking disguise to stay ahead of the paparazzi. And Athena.

Mostly paparazzi. And Athena.

Oh, screw this. I hated every second right now, I should be spending it with my lovely wife. The world was looking dull. That did make sense, Athena wasn't here to make it colorful, duh.

And I had a person in front of me to make it extremely dull.

I broke away from my train of thought and focused my gaze on the cunning green orbs. 

Eva had a scarf around her neck and a fairly large hat that almost covered her face. She wore multiple layers of clothing since it was starting to get cold, but naturally, it covered almost her entire form. 

Obviously, she was this secretive. If one person recognized, she would be thrown in prison.

She even had sunglasses but I demanded them to be off or I was leaving. I need eyes to stare and to speak, whoever it was. 

"Do you want to open your mouth or what?" I snapped but she just smiled, calling up a waiter to our 2 seat table.

Fuck this cafe. But their chocolate shakes are amazing.

"A cappuccino."

"An iced chocolate shake. Leave." 

The waiter looked at me with a scowl at my rudeness.

It's been a long time since someone showed me that face, other than Athena. This was good news, it meant he didn't recognize me.

"Calm down Ace, the poor waiter did nothing." I gnashed my teeth together silently, glaring at her.

"You feel sorry for a man that I was rude to? What about me, Eva? What do you feel for the man you destroyed?" I pressed, staring at her coldly for an answer.

Eva simply lifted her chin, staring at me blankly before letting out an innocent smile.

"We are not here to talk about the past, Ace." My jaw ticked as I pressed my lips together to not create a major mishap in public. I took a deep breath to calm my insides, not believing I was actually sitting here without pouncing on her with a predator's intention.

"What do you need?" I asked casually, leaning back o the wooden chair as I looked at her. 

Her cunning green eyes lit up, staring at me with a small smile. I never felt so exposed and vulnerable in my life, ever.

"Your company." 

....What? 

"Not the whole empire. Just half of it." Just? Just?!

That would be billions, and my endless effort and hard work.

"Go to hell." I scoffed, standing up from the chair knowing I was wasting my time with her. Why did I even think she had a solution for me? Why did I have a slight bit of hope she will regret her doings and help me out?

She was still that one psychopath. To think that I will give her my empire.

"Ah-ah-ah, not the right time to let that temper take control, Ace." Her annoying voice rang in my head, and I hated to admit how right she was. I turned around, staring into her smiling face.