Chapter Thirty-One: Shining, Shimmering, Splendid

When I entered the conference room that was filled with a few people that I recognize, I gulped hard as I took my seat on one of the slick black chairs. Taylor shuffled right behind me, sitting next to me as she nodded in recognition to the business people.

I knew this meeting is going to be a serious one.

"How are you, Heart?" one of the ladies greeted, taking a sip from her mug, "I've been hearing quite a lot news about you lately."

"Isn't that good?" I remarked, "A bit of publicity, don't you think?"

She cracked a smile and opened the folder that was placed in front of her. She carefully slid off a piece of paper and cleared out the throat to read it, "Heart Valentine is requesting for an indefinite period of hiatus due to stress."

My lips pressed into a tight line as I fiddled with my thumbs on top of the table, staring intently at her. Taylor stayed composed as ever, her eyes going through the folder that she had.

"You know we love you, Heart," she said, gingerly putting the paper down, "But we can't grant you this out of the blue."

I knew this would be too flawless to be true.

"But we also can't deny you rest," another man piped in, "Your health is very important as well."

So where are we going with this.

"Since Taylor said that most of this stress is coming from Hollywood itself, we decided that we should compensate," the woman told me as somebody handed her another folder. She rested it on the table and smoothly slid it to me, "How about you go through it and tell us what you think."

With my trembling hands, I opened the folder and my gaze fell on the neatly stapled contract. I took it and as I read over the words, I believe my mouth was hanging wider and wider with each paragraph and page.

Slamming it back down on the table, I looked back at them with my eyes wide, "A world tour?"

"Correct," she nodded, "Taylor seems to approve of it, so all we need now are your thoughts."

I turned to Taylor and she gave me a small nod, telling me to think it over. The temporary list of dates and venues were already printed as well as a few more additional gigs and plans.

"We have actually been planning this for a while now," the man said, offering me a respectable smile, "We know that you've been asking for another world tour since you really enjoyed your last one, so we thought that it would be an amazing surprise."

"We never thought that you would be asking for a way out in the end," she laughed, shaking her head, "You're not going to be in Hollywood for months and since tour dates are not very near to each other, you may return to England in between concerts."

Contrary to popular belief, my management aren't actually the snobbiest people. They're friendly for the most part, but they're just doing their job when they make most of the big decisions like this. Even though I just wanted to stay out of being a celebrity for now, they were right when they claimed that it was Hollywood making me a mess.

Plus, they even mentioned that they started planning this world tour for me. How could I even say no to that?

Taylor clicked her tongue when she saw how long I was staring at blank space. She turned to the other people inside the room, "We'll let you know after the concert."

My head snapped towards her direction, she grabbed the folder and handed it to me. I wanted to ask her why she made that decision, but with the look on her face, she implied that she was done with this conversation.