Chapter 104

The solid body that was entering through an open door stopped.

"......I was wondering where you were."

The faint, dejected voice made my ears a little sore.

Upon returning to the mansion, I could fully know who Jungkook was looking for first by hearing that.

Jungkook took off his overcoat and came towards me, while unbuttoned his cuffs.

I was sitting on the desk in the Oval Office, not on the reception couch.

I opened my mouth thinking that Jungkook's wrist, which was revealed by the unbuttoned cuffs, was seductive.

"What have you been doing?"

I didn't mean to do that, but it just sort of whined.

Jungkook, who had come to the point, stopped moving for a moment and quickly lowered me.

"Did you wait?"

".....just wondering what you did outside."

"Lalksa."

A big hand wrapped around my forehead and swept it lightly.

The bangs that tickled the eyes followed smoothly.

"What's the matter?"

He's really like a ghost.

Well, this may be because I don't hide it on my face, but I spoke frankly.

"The Count came today as well."

"Really?"

Jungkook swept my hair back a few more times.

The calm touch made me feel good.

"I think I've given him enough slack...."

"...No, that's not exactly because of that why I'm doing this."

Once I saved the Count's life, I continued my words.

"The count said that I don't have to come back to the kingdom completely, but to just meet the queen instead."

"......."

"He said just once is fine."

"What do you want to do?"

I raised my eyes.

I met the golden pupil staring straight to me, gentle but straight.

I hesitated for a moment and then opened my mouth.

"......I don't know."

I don't know.

This was sincere.

"He said that the queen is sick."

"......."

"He said she has a chronic disease. He said her heart is not in good shape. She's hiding it outside and still doing her duty on the day but no one knows what she will become the next day."

I don't think he said anything about the day and the next day, but that's what he meant anyway.

"That's why she wants to see me before she dies. Anyway, I'm her biological child."

"Is that all that Count Kim said?"

"......yes."

Jungkook fidgeted with my hair more in the middle, and soon put his hand down.

Unknowingly, when I felt regret, I picked up some documents that Jungkook had put down on his desk.

I noticed that was what Jungkook had brought in as he entered the Oval Office.