Chapter 112: The flowers

Belos' P.O.V.

No! No! No! No! No.. my damn hands! He cut them off! While writhing in pain as the blood spills onto the floor, I hear few guards rushing around in the halls in an attempt to catch those wretches.

After all I've done for him. And this is the thanks I get. "EMPEROR BELOS!" The healing coven head rushes to me, holding my wrists where my hands are missing. "We need to- Follow me!", He lightly pulls me to a specific direction. The direction of the healing coven's room of which a patient would be taken to. 

Never thought I'd get injured this badly. Sure, the curse us bad enough. But Hunter cutting off my hands?! "Emperor Belos. If you don't mind me asking, how did this ha-" "Just heal me!" I don't think I've ever felt this much pain since one of my first days on the boiling... No. No need to dwell on the past now.

The healer gets to work on my hands immediately. I know they will grow back due to the skill of this healing witch. The door opens with a creak. "Has anyone seen B- Oh my t- what ha-" "Just got attacked. No need to ask. What is it, Gaia?" 

She composes herself at the sight of my missing hands. "I've been sent to give you information by the plant head. About those flowers which cause sleep, hallucinations and other types of symptoms. Since that flower is so unpredictable, we've been studying to make more, but with one or two of the symptoms so we can do what you'd rather it to do." I listen carefully to the skilled plant witch.

"We did more tests, and found another symptom. Though not common. Sometimes the effect we want doesn't work. When we want the target to fall asleep, it might messes with their moods and cause an anger outrage. Luckily the scent causes anger on rare occasions. And what if we want them to hallucinate? They fall asleep instead or something else happens."

And she continues on.

"That's why we're making flowers with very specific symptoms. But what would you rather want us to work on? She asked me to ask you what you'd prefer." It's obvious to me what I'd prefer. Sleeping of course. The hallucinations probably messed with his mind enough. So a sleeping drug would be far more smarter.

"Sleep. But when will it be ready?" She looks down for a moment. "I'm not sure. But I'll tell her right away." He leaves, shutting the door behind her. I've tasked her to scout for Hunter as have the three others. 

(Remember Gaia and the others? And how's grammar?)