Chapter 52

"Mother, can we go inside? It's too cold." I say with a red rose and frozen fingers.

My mother continues to shovel snow into a small pile to collect for our snowman, "Darling, we are almost done. You just need to add a few small touches."

I roll my eyes and kneel down next to her as we collect a few snowballs to add onto the jacket of the snowman. My fingers feel like ice through my mittens but I push through knowing how much my mother loves doing this.

I secretly love it too.

"Finished." She says, wiping her knit mittens on her snow pants. She stands from the ground admiring the work. I nearly fall over onto the soft snow out of tiredness.

My mother laughs, "You are truly the most dramatic child I have ever had."

I look up at her, "I am the only child you have."

She sarcastically shrugs, "You got me there darling."

I laugh at her response. She has always been one of the most charming people I have ever met. Dean is a very charming man, but he doesn't stand a chance against my mother.

She falls down next to me in the snow. I turn my head to meet my eyes with hers, "I want my kids to do this with me when I am older."

My mother smiles, "They will."

"Please promise now that you won't make my children dress in those ridiculous costumes you force Milton into." I giggle at the thought of my mother forcing a family picture with my future children.

She smiles, "I can't promise that darling, you do know that they would be adorable matching with him."

I jokingly slap her shoulder as we discuss a fake fantasy, "Well Cedric will stick up for me."

She turns to me holding my shoulder, "You see yourself marrying him?"

I purse my lips and shrug, "I think so, if he ever talks to me again." Cedric and I got in a massive fight a few days ago and he hasn't talked to me since we left for holiday.

She gives me a look in her eyes that I can't read, "No boy should ever determine anything for you darling."

"I know mother.."

She holds me a bit tighter, "I'm serious, you are such a strong girl sweetheart. You know your worth and you know how you should be treated. Never ever settle for less."

I remain silent as I let her give me her motherly rant.

"Never forget that. Fight for what you want, for what you deserve. If it is Cedric, don't hold back." Her eyes twinkle with that beautiful blue.

"I won't, never mother."

"Wearing anything under that dress Lancing?" I jerk my head up to be met with Dolohov standing above me.

I swallow as I process what he had just said to me, "You're very funny sir." I say keeping my head down.

I feel his large hand grip my arm pulling me into his chest, "Between me and you," his voice is only a whisper as I feel his lips press against my ear, "I will find out, whether Malfoy likes it or not."

I feel my body still as the blood in my veins run cold.

As he pulls away from me, a wicked grin forms across his face. I try to hide my disgust with a fake smile but I am not sure how convincing it is.