Chapter 40: Some questions answered, some left unsolved.

Gavin Hellwig POV

"Sir, Myles and Curtis have been spotted in Kincen Village!" A guard announced happily. It had been a few weeks of trying to find those boys, and this was the only time we were able to find them, but they quickly escaped our grasp.

"Search all of the closest villages to Kincen! They couldn't have gotten far." The guard left with my order. I slumped back down on my chair. This was exhausting.

When I first punished the boy, I never thought he would decide to escape. I bet its that brat Myles' fault, he's sly, stealing my son like that!

I heard a knock on my office doors.

"Come in."

It was my wife. Mavis came in breathing heavy, like she'd been rushing.

"What is it, dear?" I ask.

"Our son! I heard you found him!?" She asked, rushing to my desk.

"Yes, but he escaped."

"Did they see how he looked like? How was his condition? Did it look like he'd been eating well???" She asked all at once.

"I personally didn't ask about that, but you can go check yourself." I responded.

"How could you not be worried about that?! He's never been on his own! I'm glad at least that Myles kid is with him......" She said dully.

"You're happy?!" I say, irritated. "Our son has been tricked! If he'd never met that brat he would never have had the idea to run away! Its all because of those Windstones!" I slam my fist on the table.

"Could you stop this for a second?!" She yelled.

"What?"

"Our son ran away! He ran away from US! Because he was unhappy! How could we not be ashamed of how we raised him?!" Mavis' voice was horse and full of pain as she continued, "Why do you care so much about whether the one he chose for himself is a man?! Is our families stupid fued with the Windstones more important that your own son?!"

"Mavis, It's not like that"

"Yes, it is like that. I would be a fool to believe that you want to find him to just get him back home. I know when you do, you'll just lock him back in his room! Not let him see Myles again! Until he runs away again!" She raised her voice one last time before turning around and walking out the door, and with a gentle voice she murmured, "Please, just find him so I can tell him how much I love him...."

————————————————————————

Ceil POV

William led is into a small village on the very borders of the kingdom. The village wasn't big, but it seemed very populated.

The ride here was tiring. My back hurt from riding the horse for days. And travelling in such a group definitely held us back.

Allen had ling given up on learning horse riding, so he had to ride with me, most of the trip he spent sleeping.

"We're here" William said. We had arrived in front of a church. It was not big, but also couldn't be counted as small, compared to the size of the rest of the buildings in this town. "I'll lead you to a stable, come with me."

I turned around to gently wake Allen, who was sleeping laying against my back. "Hey, Al, we're here, wake up."

"Mhm." He sleepily peeled his eyes open and got off the horse.

After leaving our horses at the stable, we went back to the church. Now that I have had a closed look at it, this church has some complicated architecture. It's very intricate, normally only very famous churches have this level of detail, but in the past, every church was built very carefully, so this could be a sign that this building is very old.