Chapter 26

YN, Steve and Natasha were sitting in Fury's office at S.H.I.E.L.D's New York headquarters, later that week. YN's feet were in Steve's lap and she was flipping through a magazine casually as Steve fiddled with the laces on YN's shoes as he chatted with Nat about the possible upcoming stint in Europe.

Sam and Bucky walked in not long after, sitting across from their three team mates, already invested in their own conversation. They had all been sitting in the room for fifteen more minutes before Fury walked in, Sharon tailing him with a notebook in her hand. Straightening up quickly, YN dropped her feet to the ground flicking her eyes to the blonde woman then back to her partner.

"Good morning, everyone." Fury started, taking a seat at the head of the table, Sharon still hovering at his side. "I have brought you together to discuss an overseas mission to find out the exact location of a HYDRA base in Romania, specifically Bucharest. You should only need to observe but intervene if necessary." Everyone nodded, urging him to continue. "You will all be in Bucharest together, YN and Wilson will be front line, Romanoff, Rogers and Barnes will be backup. Here are your briefings," He held out a hand to Sharon and she placed them in his palm, Fury then slid each person their respective file. "Read up, you all have your jobs, so don't screw it up." He grunted, sitting back into his chair. "Any questions?"

No one spoke, causing Fury to roll his eyes. "I don't have an ironic name this time, do I?" YN questioned finally, narrowing her own eyes at Fury.

"You can figure a name out yourself, if you deem it necessary at the time. You'll be wearing our face tech so you won't be recognized by any HYDRA agents with a wandering eye." YN nodded, satisfied for now.

"Well, I'm glad that didn't take long." Fury muttered, lifting himself back up from his chair. They all watched as he and Sharon left the room, YN's eyes following the blonde female until she had left her line of sight.

"Okay. What the hell is up with the Sharon Shadow. It's strange." YN commented with a laugh.

"Apparently, she's Fury's third hand until she had another psych evaluation. Some people have complained." YN's eyes bulged at Natasha's words. "It's just a rumor though..." She trailed off with a laugh.

"Wouldn't surprise me... Crazy bitch." Bucky muttered, YN catching it and letting out a loud chuckle. She opened up her file and looked through the contents. They were leaving Friday evening, so in two days' time. They were heading to a club as their first location, an apparent HYDRA hangout.

"Guess we can get our boogey on, Sam." YN kicked his leg under the table, but Bucky grunted and narrowed his eyes at the smaller woman.

"That hurt, Alexeyev." YN narrowed her own eyes and cocked her head.

"Call me that again and it won't be your shin that my foot ends up hitting." She said, sticking her tongue out when Steve intercepted.

"Alright, alright." The captain muttered, rolling his eyes at the bickering pair. "Looks like Bucky and I will be in the V.I.P lounge upstairs laying low and looking over the crowd. We will have facial tech too." Steve frowned. "Why are you and Sam the only two in the front line then?" He asked YN, making her snicker.

"Well, Cap, you see we can change a face, but the bionic arm on Sarge over there is a different story, plus you two a built like brick houses, it's kind of hard for you to blend in." YN gave Bucky a look, making him stick a metal finger in the air.

"Cap, I'm on the floor with them," Natasha piped in. "I'll be behind the bar, Fury got me a temp job for the night." Everyone nodded, continuing to read the briefings in silence. "Now, YN." Natasha finally broke the silence after fifteen or so minutes. "What face will we be wearing on Friday night?" She then gasped, leaning across Steve who looked between the two women with an amused smile. "Or more importantly, what dress will you be wearing?" YN laughed.