Chapter 1

At six o'clock in the morning, the sparrow flapping wings on the telephone pole broke the tranquility of the alley. Since it had just rained the night before, the sweet-scented osmanthus was beaten to pieces, like an overturned honey jar, dripping on the wet ground.

Moisture came in through the gap in the window. Xu Sui lay down on the table, her shoulders shrinking subconsciously. She raised her head with difficulty, stretched out her hand and rubbed her face to make herself more awake.

Yesterday Xu Sui had just finished two operations, plus a night shift to stay until now, the long black eyelashes can not hide the tiredness of the eyelids.

In the bathroom, Xu Sui had a mint-flavored mouthwash in his mouth, turned on the faucet and took a handful of water and simply washed his face.

At 7:50, the number of people in the department gradually increased, and everyone said good morning to each other. Xu Sui quickly finished a croissant with a pinch. The black coffee was placed next to him. Someone took it away and replaced it with a bottle of milk.

Xu Suiyi raised his head. It was a new intern. The boy scratched embarrassedly: "Doctor Xu, always drinking coffee is bad for your health."

"Thank you." Xu Sui smiled. She glanced at the time, "Go, it's time for the rounds."

Most of the patients in the inpatient department like this Doctor Xu to come to rounds. He is gentle, patient, and listens to their occasional complaints.

Several interns followed Xu Sui. She rounded the ward one after another. Yiyue raised a corner and looked down her eyes. She had a blue certificate pinned on her left chest—Puren Hospital surgeon Xu Sui.

When a girl was found during the ward round, the patient had just had his appendix cut off in two days, and Xu Sui specifically asked her to stop eating, rest and rest.

The little girl was young, and soon after the operation, she regained her vitality. She raised a pair of big eyes and said that she would die if she ate this kind of food that had faded out of the bird.

"Doctor Xu, can I drink milk tea?" the little girl asked cautiously.

Xu Sui stopped on the blue folder with his signature pen, raised his eyes to a pair of expectant eyes, and let go: "A little bit."

"Why, but I prefer to drink Yihetang." The little girl looked distressed.

"..."

The trainee behind him couldn't help laughing. Xu Sui spoke blankly, with a cruel voice: "Now you can't drink a little bit."

The little girl reacted with hindsight and regretted: "I was wrong, doctor!"

After checking the room, Xu Sui put his hands in his pocket and went back to the office, and ran into the teacher who had been carrying him in the corridor, who was also the director of surgery.

"Xiao Xu, just finished checking the room?" the other party asked her.

"Yeah," Xu Sui nodded, looking at the director as if he had something to say, he took the initiative to ask, "Teacher, what do you want?"

"You are really busy lately. You are the hardest worker in this department. You have the same energy that I used to be." Doctor Zhang smiled, with a kind face, "but also pay attention to the combination of work and rest. Your mother called me. Want me to worry about your big business."

Xu Sui was stunned. He didn't expect that the consequence of her repeated rejections of blind dates was that her mother found the director to suppress her. She settled her mind: "Teacher, do you know what my mother's dream is after middle age?"