Chapter Thirty-Six : Short

"How is it on your side, Landon" Isadora asks him while we all can hear each other.  Currently, we are all separated. Spread out in different places in the capital, we've all got our censors on in any case we catch anyone with ill intent.

"There isn't any sign of anyone here." Landon replies.

"Damn it! We've been waiting here for 13 hours now. How is there still no signs of anyone? Just what are they planning." Ophelia cursed impatiently. Yes, we've been waiting for 13 hours. It's odd though we couldn't take any chances since they didn't specify what time they'd be doing it.

"Let's try walking around, maybe we'd be able to find some clues." I said.

"Got it" They all said.

I got out from my spot and scouted the area. It has gotten late, one o' clock in the afternoon to be exact. We were out here since twelve midnight.

The place is crowded, you could tell who were the noble children in disguise and commoners alike walking around. How could be one so twisted to want to infect people with a virus just to do more cruel deeds. Tsk, worthless pieces of trash.

*Pzzt* *Pzzt* *Pzzt* *Pzzt*

'Wha- What the heck?! Why is the ill intent all over the place?!' I looked all around, I don't see anything wrong. 

*cough cough*

...I turned around and saw a woman who entered a pharmacy. There..was something up with her skin.

"Protection Barrier" I casted around each person around me.

"Elvira-sama? how come you placed a protection barrier on us?" Noel asked on through the mind link.

"I think I got something." I  said as I entered the pharmacy.

"Please doctor, I don't know what's wrong with my child. She has rash like blisters all over her chest and face. *cough cough* She's been complaining to me that it's so itchy and her fever won't go down! she's been vomiting and I don't know what to do!" She cried.

"Miss? May I see your arm?" I asked as I approached her.

"*cough* Huh? o-okay?" I took a good look at her skin..Fuck.

Xylmedya Virus is..smallpox. Not any normal smallpox either..a fast reacting virus since in the modern world it would have taken days for the symptoms to start showing.

How? no...what do I do??

In the modern world, there is NO cure for smallpox but just a vaccination. I can't just give out vaccination for so many people. There is one thing we didn't had in the modern world though..healing magic. 

How about if I imbue healing magic in water? would it work??  I immediately used my water magic to a big giant floating ball of water. I began inducing it with healing magic, I had no measurements whatsoever so I had to rely on the feeling of the ball. 

10..50..80..100!

I pulled out the healing magic and splashed it on the poor woman without any warning who just stood there baffled and shocked. I checked her skin once again and the doctor did too. It was clear, no signs of bumps and blisters. Hurriedly we went to her infected daughter and treated her the same way. 

The only problem now is that there are many others infected right now. Loud groans of pain emerge all around. The elves have never experienced a virus that was especially edited to infect their race only. How did I know? the doctor was human. He didn't catch it at all, so when I identified the virus some more, it was for the purpose of making the Elves suffer.

The Emperor acted quickly when he found out the way to cure the Xylmedya Virus. But there were a scarce of Healing mages. They are said to be rare so when Janette was announced to have Healing Magic she was praised and was treated like royalty. 

I did what I could and explained to my friends the situation. I needed a river but I don't know where it was located. Clementine and Noel immediately told me where to go and with much effort I finally found the river.

The only thing was..I wasn't alone there. A person who was cloaked like me was standing infront of the River imbuing it with their own healing magic. This Healing magic is almost as high as mine but even higher. Mine is golden with green but theirs' pure gold, then with a split sec they finished. When they turned to face me I realized it was a guy, the same guy who asked if I was alright two weeks ago. 

The masked Purple to Sky blue eyed boy? I only noticed now..he's shorter than me but not by a lot though. Cute~ no! this is not the time to think like that!

He looked at me straight in the eye and said, "Bye Beautiful Miss~" then with that he vanished. 

Not long later it was announced to the Emperor that the river was imbued with Healing Magic. Commoners and nobles alike went in it to heal themselves. But there was one event still to tackle. A knight came running frantically and kneeled infront of the Emperor who was looking over his citizens. 

"YOUR IMPERIAL HIGHNESS, THERE HAD BEEN A MASS KIDNAPPING!

To be Continued . . .