Chapter-46

Ashton's POV

It's been almost three weeks ever since Arinya told me all about her past. Her confession truly made me admire her more for the brave woman that she is. Well, truth be told I definitely was intensely shaken up inside to know her treacherous journey. I wondered if only the thought of what she went through broke a major chunk of something inside me, what must've been on her mind constantly when she was dealing with that all alone. I have so much respect for this woman and she has earned it on her own.

I adore the fact that despite of having such a troubled past, she still believes that there's still goodness left in the world. She strongly feels that because of what all happened to her, it contributed to shape her into who she is today and what she strongly stands for.

I couldn't be more grateful to my stars for having landed her in my life. She's wholly capable of conquering anything she puts her heart into. I want to give her all the love, happiness and warmth that she deserves and of course pampering her every chance I get.
I love her and I want to protect her from any evil. I want that divine smile of hers perpetually intact to her lips.

I want to see her fulfilling all her dreams and oh yes, I surely want to kill those bastards for what they made her sail through. Just sparing a thought at them makes my blood boil but I do know that everything can't be handled by rage.

I was sitting in my office chair. There was a knock on the door. Miss Rose entered with a folder in one hand and a cup of coffee in another.

"Good morning Sir, here's your coffee." She placed the cup on the coaster, already sitting on the desk.

"Good morning." I replied while working on my laptop.

"Your lawyer sent over these legal papers this morning." 
I looked up and she handed over the file to me.

"Great." I answered and flipped through the pages.

"I need a copy of these sent to my penthouse by evening."
I informed her once I was thorough with the contents of the folder.

"Sure Sir." She said and left the room.

I had been working on something really important over the past two weeks and finally it worked out the way I wanted. I was beyond thrilled at the moment. It felt as if some weight got lifted off my chest. 

I sighed and recalled that I had to call mom. I picked up my phone and called her.

"Hi honey." Mom answered.

"Hey mom." I replied and asked about hers and Dad's well being first. Later I informed her about the success of this important thing I had been working on.

"I am so happy and proud of you." She said happily.

"I guess, it's a massive sign."
I mumbled and she understood the hint behind my words.

"Are you sure son?"
Mom and Dad both asked in unison. She must have put the phone on speaker.

"Never been more sure of anything."
I replied, smiling faintly at the context of our conversation.

"God bless you, my child."
Mom whispered emotionally. Dad too praised me and gave me his blessings.

I talked to them for a while more. Once I was done with my phone call, I stood up from my chair and strode towards Arinya's cabin.

Although as happy as I was due to this success but I was feeling equally guilty for not being able to spend time with Arinya due to my tight schedule. I needed to talk to her today. Despite of being in the same workplace, we only met for as many times as I can count on one hand for past around fifteen days. I mostly used to be out for meetings but she always managed to keep a check on me through short calls or text messages. However, that woman is way too understanding but this thing was eating me alive. So, I am hoping to make it upto her tonight.