eleven

Edlyn planned to see her father at the hospital. She didn't know that she would have to help Sunghoon's bruised nose get treated first. She watched as Heeseung was cleaning the bruised nose with medicine liquid. "Who is she by the way?" Sunghoon asked. "Kang Daera. We met when we were in middle school and studied together in America."

Heeseung sighed tiredly, "Don't flirt with her." Sunghoon frowned, "I won't. But I am still gonna think about it."

Edlyn got up and grabbed her bag, "She won't be interested. She had enough with her past exes so I don't think she'll be interested in you. And besides, she knew what happened between us. About you making out behind the operating room."

She left the room and hummed a melody as she searched for her father's office. She knocked on the door and walked in, seeing her father sleeping on the couch with a coat on him acting as a blanket. She sighed and took a blanket from the drawers before putting it on top of him.

The door opened, revealing Jake in a scrub, holding a book. "You're here?" He asked coldly, uninterested in her visit. "I was just checking my dad to make sure he's not pressuring himself with work."

"I heard what happened earlier at the university," he said as he put a book on Mr Park's desk. "Hojun started it first!" She defended herself. Jake folded his arms as he eyed her up and down, "You're my wife. Even though this is a contractual marriage, don't embarrass me as my wife. People will still refer to me as your husband and it would be humiliating if they brought that up."

He was about to leave but she scurried to the door, blocking his way, "I know this is just a fake marriage but can we act like friends? We don't have to give updates on what we're doing every time but we also don't have to treat each other coldly. It's just awkward for us to turn our backs to each other even though we live together."

She put out a hand to shake his but he slapped it away, "No thank you. I don't have time for that. Move. I have surgery to attend to. Don't wait for me. It may take at least 17 hours for it to finish."

She glared at him as he walked away from her. Should I invite Daera over?, she thought happily before texting her friend.

"How's that bruised professor?" Daera asked as she ate her black bean noodles. "He's fine. He got his nose treated."

"Isn't that the one who got your hopes up but ended up making out with a nurse behind the emergency room in front of you?"

Edlyn nodded, "Let's forget about that. He keeps teasing me about it. It's getting annoying. He's interested in you by the way."

Daera frowned and looked away, "Nope. I will never get involved with a playboy. Do you know how hard I tried to move on from my cheating ex? It took me 4 years! The fact that he was sleeping with 20 girls behind my back was insane! That stupid scumbag."

"Is that one of the reasons why you came here?"

"Yeah, he kept asking me to get back with him. Never going to happen."

Edlyn finished her bowl and brought it to the sink. She washed her hands and sat back down at the dining table, "So, what are we going to do tomorrow? We don't have class so how about you come with me to take driving lessons?"

"Sure. You need a driving licence since Professor Jake won't drive you to the university. What an arrogant bastard."

The entrance door suddenly opened and they both stood up worriedly, wondering who could be entering. Jake appeared, holding his suitcase tiredly but stared at them both confused, "We have a guest this late at night?"

"I thought you'd be home by tomorrow so I figured I could have a friend over," Edlyn said softly, afraid that her husband wouldn't agree to it.

"It's late at night. You were supposed to ask for my permission."

"But you said I could have anyone over! The same goes for you! You didn't say anything about asking permission," she argued back frustratedly.

"Whatever," he answered angrily before rushing towards his room and slamming the door. Daera scoffed, "Does he have menopause or something?"

"He just has a short temper. Don't mind him."