𝟢𝟥 | 𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖡𝗂𝗀𝗀𝖾𝗌𝗍 𝖬𝗂𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗄𝖾 𝖨'𝗏𝖾 𝖬𝖺𝖽𝖾

❝ 𝙼𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔𝚜 𝚊 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚎 ❞

𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚎 ❞

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

It's been two years since I've seen or had any contact with Serenity

It's been two years since I've seen or had any contact with Serenity. Two fucking years. And as every day that passes by, it absolutely does not get any easier.

As time passed, I've slowly inherited the coldheartedness and ruthlessness that my papa had while he was leader. That side of me only comes out when I'm with hostages or sending out a message to my enemies. The only few things that are keeping that side of me away are my family and team.

"Tío!"

"Tío E!"

And of course my nephews. I put up the weight I'm lifting and sit up, watching Emmanuel and Sebastian up to me. "Si ustedes dos piensan que los voy a ocultar a su mama, lo siento, los quiero a los dos pero no can do." If you both are here thinking I'll hide you from your mamá, I'm sorry, I love you both but no can do.

Natalie will be after my head if I'm hiding her sons from her because they're in trouble.

One time Emmanuel and Sebastian accidentally broke open a bag of rice that Natalie was going to cook and when she walked in, rice was all over the kitchen floor. I was also at fault too because I was supposed to be watching them, which I was but I got distracted for a minute and the next, the kitchen floor was covered in rice.

Then my sister walked in and the only thing that popped up in my mind was picking up the twins and taking them to a random room in the house. Safe to say after her sons left the room we were in, Natalie almost chopped my head off that day.

In my defense, those two had barely turned one and were just developing their motor skills. The question is how were they able to open the bag of rice with their small hands.

"No tío!" Emmanuel says, laughing.

"¡Mira nuestros dibujos!" Look at our drawings!Sebastian adds. The two of them then place their drawings on either of my hands. I have no clue what the hell these kids drew or tried to draw but-

"They look amazing!"

"Mira! Mira! Esto- estos tu y mama." Look! Look! This- this is you and mamá. Sebastian says, pointing to two scribbles of lines. One purple and one red.

"Wow. Y esto que es Emmanuel?" And was is this?

"¡Estos tu y- y tío G!" This is you and- and uncle G! Two more scribbles of lines, one red and one green. Grayson walked into the gym a moment later and picked up the twins in both of his hands.

"Did someone call for their favorite tio?" Emmanuel and Sebastian start giggling.

"Who made you favorite tio?" I ask, putting on my boxing gloves.

"I called it." Grayson responds.

"Mamá!"

"Mamá!"

Grayson then turns around and sets the twins down and we watch as they scurry into Natalie's arms. "My beautiful boys!" Natalie says, kissing both of their foreheads.

"Oh my god, Elijah. Natalie thinks we're beautiful!" Grayson adds. Natalie rolls her eyes and mouths 'fuck off' at him before she grabs the twins' hands and heads out of the room. "I wonder what Odette and I are having. Oh, I forgot to mention, I'll be heading out in a few hours because Odette has an ultrasound appointment." He adds as he puts on his boxing gloves.

Meanwhile, I'm currently trying to resist the urge to ask how Serenity's doing. Grayson says he hasn't seen Serenity since the day she left and the only way he knows how she's doing is that Odette tells him about how Serenity is. Last time I asked about her was on the day that was supposed to be mine and Serenity's one year of our famous accidental drunken marriage.

God, I miss her so fucking much.

· • —– · • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • · —– • ·

Grayson and I trained together by literally punching each other over and over again until he said he had to get ready to leave. After my shower, I changed and decided to sit in my room and think about the stupidest decision I made almost two years ago.

I know at first Serenity thought it was me who initiated the divorce but I know the next day, Jonathan told her about what he and my papa did.

But there is still a part of me that feels like it's my fault as well. As time went on, I kept thinking about what I could have done differently to be able to have another outcome to the situation.

Out of all my mistakes in my 24 years of life, this by far has to be the biggest mistake I've made.

I never knew losing her would be so fucking painful.

· • —– · • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • · —– • ·

I know this was another short chapter but I obviously needed quick little something to show how Elijah's doing.

I promise next one will be longer and things will definitely start getting interesting!

—cristal g.