CHAPTER 2; First Encounter

At this moment, Feng Mian stood up from his chair and said," Let's eat first ba" and then people started digging into their food. "How delicious" was their sole thought right this moment.

Xiao Wu who was also eating from the side exclaimed with an exaggerated sound and said," Woww what kind of chef did they hire? It's even delicious than those 5-star hotel. Ahh, this is heaven ah I really want to meet this little chef."

Shao Qing who was also eating agreed his statement with a hum not even bothering to reply, eating was everything he could think now cause the food was very delicious ah. Even, Feng Mian who had been eating best food since birth had to admit it tasted delicious.

At this time, Su Yue who was being praised was now in the kitchen. Because there was no customer at the moment, he had some time to relax. Xiao Hong, who was his fellow worker and who was also his boyfriend, was telling him to come over his place at night. Su Yue and Xiao Hong first met at the bar six months ago when Su Yue had started his work.

At first, Su Yue was fairly reserved and quiet and Xiao Hong was the opposite of him. He had bright red hair which was quite eye-catching and had a lively and easy-going personality. Everyone liked to talk and chat with him.

At first, Su Yue didn't like to talk much but as time went by, he realized Xiao Hong was quite good and he also started talking and laughing with him in his free time and three months ago, Xiao Hong confessed to him and said that he really wished to be with him.

At that time Su Yue was wavering between accepting him or rejecting him. Cause they didn't even know each other's face let alone names. Xiao Hong was his alias name and Su Yue used Silver as his name. Their faces were also covered so what they knew about each other was limited.

But thinking back, Xiao Hong knew almost nothing about him so maybe it didn't hurt to give it a try and Su Yue accepted his confession. They became boyfriends and had been dating only for three months. Cuase Su Yue hated physical contacts with others, they only kissed once and had not gone all the way so Xiao Hong had been urging him to go with him tonight.

But Su Yue didn't really want to do intimate things with him yet. So, right now he was thinking how to reject when his boss called him saying he had urgent work for him. Su Yue got up feeling relieved and said," Xiao Hong, sorry ah. Maybe next time" and walked out. Xiao Hong, although disappointed, said nothing and watched him leave.

Su Yue went to the third floor and walked past the dark hallway and reached the room which was the resting room and also, the office of the boss of the bar, Lu Yin.

Lu Yin was twenty-or-something young man and he had a very handsome face with a gold rimmed glasses hung on the bridge of his nose. He looked like a scholar and had a very easy-going appearance with his noble and elegant temperament.

"Come in," there came a melodic male voice from inside the room. Su Yue then gently rotated the door knob and pushed the door and went in.

Lu Yin, upon seeing Su Yue, showed a bright smiling face and said, "Come sit down,". Su Yue then sat down on the sofa and said, "What's the matter? What's the urgent work that you want to make me do?".

"Oh, that. There's no sufficient worker now to play piano. So, I want to ask you to play the piano in the reception hall. How about it? I will pay double for this.".

"Okay, I got that. But I have to go home quickly. I can't play for long.".

"Okay, sure. Then, that's settled," Lu Yin smiled.

Lu Yin was the boss so he was the only one aware of Su Yue's identity of being the eldest young master of the Su family.

Lu Yin quite preferred this quiet yet good-natured young master and pitied his situation in his family. And so, he sometimes helped him a lot and Su Yue was also grateful for this so he had no problem having to work this shift.

"Then, I will get going now," said Su Yue and Lu Yin said, "Okay okay. You just need to play for about 3 or 4 songs and then you can wrap it up and get off work."

"Yes, I got it boss", Su Yue then went out of the room and then gently closed the door behind him and made his way into the reception hall.

Su Yue went into the reception hall through the back door which only the employers can use. Then, he made his way to the piano in the relatively front of the hall. The grand piano was under the spotlight making it glitter and seemingly beautiful.

On his way to the piano, he noticed a very handsome with a noble and elegant temperament sitting in quite an inconspicuous place. He thought this must be the famous film emperor, Feng Mian. He thought 'wow really handsome just as the rumors said.'

Just as Su Yue was checking out the film emperor, the film emperor was also checking him out. He noticed a somewhat mediocre-looking boy coming in from the back door but if you looked carefully, you would find that he had a very calm and peaceful aura around him and his features were also soft making him look soft and harmless.

Just as Feng Mian was checking Su Yue out, Su Yue sat down on the bench in front of the piano and opened the piano cover. Then, he stretched out his pale but well-jointed and beautiful looking fingers, hovering above the black and white piano keys.

He took a shallow breath and calmed down his nerves. He tried his best to remain in a meditating state with no random thought in his mind. This was his routine before playing piano. It helped him forget everything and he could play his best in this state.

'What song should I play? Hmm' thought Su Yue. Then, he closed his eyes and imagined that he was now in a forest with many trees surrounding him and birds chirping and not in the reception hall with many actors and performers present. He then hypnotized himself that he was not Su Yue, the unfavored eldest young master of the Su family, but just a performer, a pianist, an artist, playing his own music, creating his own world.

He then reopened his eyes, his eyelids dropping a little then pressed down the first key and then a very cheerful and calming melody played out from the piano. This was his own song which he made when he was younger when he didn't know many things, when he was just like a pure white canvas with no color painted on it yet.

He imagined he went back to his child self running around the forest. He didn't have to look out for his twin brother always and he had all the time to play by himself. When he played the next key on the piano, this time he imagined he was around the river, which was glistening and the water in it was bright and clear with no impurity in it.

The water in the river was reflecting the moon. The moon in the river might seem lonely to others but in fact he was the only one shining brightly in the night sky seemingly he owned the whole world right now. This was what Su Yue was feeling now. He slightly smiled feeling carefree and happy, feeling himself. This song's name was called 'My Own World'. Its theme was a little childish somewhat like a fairytale but this was one of his favourite song among he wrote.

The piano under his hand was singing a very sweet and cheerful melody which suited the atmosphere in the reception hall. It was like a siren inviting people to keep listening to it and it made people want to dance.

And in fact, there were some idols and performers who started dancing with their partners in the hall. Right now, the atmosphere in the hall was so warm. Everyone was mesmerized by the cheerful and childish yet hopeful and beautiful song played by this blacked haired with a black eye mask young men.

Feng Mian was attracted by the song and it made him notice the small boy playing the piano. The slightly thin yet looking alluring male figure was earnestly playing the piano with his eyes half-lidded with his lips curled up in a small curve. The bright spotlight above him was shining on him making him look like a fairy descended into the mortal world.

When Su Yue pressed the last key, a small clear glistening tear flowed out from his left eye down his cheek and disappeared into his neck and clavicle. That small tear appeared and disappeared quickly that one might thought that it was an illusion.

After finishing the first song, Su Yue opened his eye and looked towards where people were gathering and gave a small smile and bowed as a greeting.