Part 2

Cassie woke up to Natasha nudging her, "Food's ready."

Cassie growled at her, but Natasha didn't seem affected and left to go back to the rest of the Avengers around the table. She could smell the food, it was mouth watering. Cassie grunted, jumping down from the couch and walked over to the kitchen to Cap who was stirring the pot in an apron. She giggled to herself at the sight.

Cap looked down to her and asked, "Do you want some?" When she nodded he took out a bowl, scooping some of the dish in it, then set it down on the floor out of the way of the rest of the Avengers.

As Cassie followed him, she noticed that besides the Avengers she had seen before, there was a red and green person, who had no food. She didn't bother asking about him, she would be introduced eventually.

Cassie gave a nod to Cap as he left, thanking him for the food, then shoved her snout into the bowl, eating it up, then licking her mouth when she finished to clean herself. She settled down on the floor, and tilted her ears to the Avengers to listen to their conversation.

"We already have another mission?" Cassie heard Tony complain, "Fury does know that we're for emergencies right? Not just anything he wants to send us in for."

"It'd be pretty boring around here without missions though," Natasha said.

"What do we do with her?" He whispered, obviously talking about her, and thinking Cassie couldn't hear him.

"Just leave her here," Natasha shrugged, "How much damage could she do staying in the Compound?"

"I guess..."

"Do we all need to go on the next mission?" Wanda asked.

"Yea, Fury said something about checking out an abandoned Hydra base," Tony responded. "I guess we all need to go in case it's not actually abandoned."

"When is the mission?" The red and green man asked.

"He wants us to leave in a few hours because it takes a bit to get there."

"Must I come with?" Loki grumbled.

"Yes, he specifically asked for you and your magicy stuff."

A few minutes later the Avengers cleared their dishes and went to suit up. Natasha came by Cassie before she left, "Hey I know you probably heard all of the conversation, but we'll try to be back as soon as we can. When we get back Stark is going to show you your room too."

The only note she gave of hearing her was a flick of her ear, and she sighed, accepting that, then left with all the other Avengers, leaving her alone in the house.

A few hours after they left, Cassie started feeling antsy, something that was happening more and more often. She stood up and started pacing, growling. She had started feeling the overwhelming need of her old plushie. SHIELD had taken it years ago, and every once in a while she would feel the want of having it. It calmed her down, and now that Cassie didn't have it, she sometimes ruined pillows and cushions, making some people who had tried to help her mad.

Cassie made her way over to the couch, and pulled one of the pillows onto the floor, chewing on it. She didn't chew her plushee but just having it near her helped. She chewed on the pillow, ripping it apart and having the insides pop out.

When she felt normal again, and the time has passed, she rested her head on the fluff from the pillow and waited for the Avengers to come home.

A few hours later when they came back, Tony was the first to notice the mess and groaned, "That was my favorite pillow!"

Cassie picked up her head and looked at Natasha, who looked like she was calculating something. When her glazed look cleared over, her stern expression vanished, and she sat down next to Cassie, and gave her a small smile. After a nod from her, she started petting her fur gently.

"Nat!" Tony whined. "She destroyed a pillow!"

Natasha didn't look up from you and said, "It was one pillow Tony. Get over it. I'm sure you have a thousand others."

Tony mumbled something and walked off. The rest of the Avengers also left, except Nat who stayed by Cassie's side, and Loki who walked over to her and sat down on her other side. Natasha gave him a glare but ignored it.

Loki looked up at Natasha and said, "You know that this doesn't make sense either right?"

Natasha slowly nodded, then looked at Cassie, "You didn't do this just to make a mess. If you wanted to do that, you would have destroyed more than one small pillow."

Cassie looked up at her, Would she actually understand?

"I was thinking maybe like a newborn chewing rubber, but I doubt pillow fluff feels very nice," Natasha thought out loud.

"Did you used to have something in particular you chewed on?" Loki asked, and Cassie looked to stare at him. He was close, but not there just yet.

"Let me call Fury, I'll find out if she had anything," Natasha said and stood up to leave and call Fury.

Cassie blinked and watched her leave, surprised anyone would care enough to find out. Her heart warmed just a little at the kind gesture, even if she doubted Fury still had her plushie.

Loki got so quiet, that Cassie almost forgot he was there, until she put her head back down on the ruined pillow to rest, and he started petting her fur, startling her. At first it was weird, and she didn't like that he didn't ask first, but wasn't very surprised, a lot of people Cassie had met were drawn to her and just wanted to pet her, but when she got used to it, it was actually kind of nice. Loki brushed his long fingers through her fur, in a way that felt almost like a massage. So Cassie closed her eyes and let him do it, soon falling back to sleep.

————————————————————————

You ask for another chapter and I comply <3

I am really going to try to do a slow love...but I'll be honest- I'm not great at it heh

Anywayyyy hope you like this new chapter!