key

Xingqiu took his shoes off, "Right, shall we go then?" He smiled at her, such an empty smile. Sena nodded, following behind him to the Dinning room. "Xingqiu," His father laughed, signaling with his hand to come sit. "Let's discuss the manners at hand." He smiled.
     "This marriage won't be complicated, you won't have a wedding, though your engagement will be very public." His father started, "You're both very known in Liyue, acting out of conduct on this plan will just result in your downfall, neither of you should embarrass your family in that way." Xingqiu sighed, he already knew all of this, obviously, his father had been doing this to each of his brothers as-well. His brothers seem to be doing fine, and they seem content with their forced marriage, but did they have the same issues as he was having? "I'm sorry to interrupt, though," Sena started, "When would our engagement be made public?" "Right." The father responded, "I'd say tomorrow, me and your parents have been actively discussing this, and the faster it's done the better." "Right.." Sena's mood had changed, though only for a slight moment, "Oh! Look at the time." She laughed, "I must go now, or my family will worry. Thank you for housing me tonight." She said, leaving.
     Xingqiu's father chuckled, "Don't you get a beautiful wife?" Xingqiu didn't respond. "Right, now listen here brat," His tone completely changed, "I don't want you spoiling any of these plans, they've all been arranged already. Don't do anything stupid in public either. And that friend, Chongyun?" Xingqiu flinched at the name, His father chuckled, "Yeah, Chongyun.. Don't get too close in public, the media manages to make something into another." Xingqiu stood from his chair, pushing it in and leaving the Dining room, never even saying a word.
     Chongyun got home, his content day had now ended. "Yun." His father said. "Yeah?" He asked, a little confused. "Just because we're not home doesn't mean you can slack off on anything. Your room is a mess, your grades are even worse, you're home past curfew and the dishwasher isn't even loaded. Yun let out an accidental laugh, "I haven't seen you in literal months! You barely come home and when you do you leave before I can even say hello! You can't expect me to be like you if you cant even give me someone to look up to!" He shouted at them, it was probably the first time he's ever even done something like that. He sighed, walking off to his room. "Yun!" His mother shouted, but no response.
     as Chongyun got ready for bed, he got a text from Xingqiu. "Hey! You got home alright? How was meeting ur parents!? :P <3" He smiled, "hi, I got home alright. I saw my parents but" He stopped typing, erasing the sentence, "I saw my parents and it was fun! I missed them :)" He sent. How could he bother Xingqiu with such minor problems. "Oh cool!!! Same here, I actually had a good talk with my dad! :)" Xingqiu sent back.

     Communication is key in a relationship, the key to a door that they both had built no keyhole on.