29: Not Going

"Are you guys actually going to wait until he gets here?" I ask the Cullens that we're walking behind me as we left the schools front doors.

"Yes, we want to see who he is" Alice spoke.

"And I should have a little talk with him" Edward grins.

"I'll join in on that conversation" Emmett added.

"God! No! Please Rosalie stop them" I beg.

"No can do" she answers as we go down the stairs.

"Oh that's him" I smile and wave.

He was leaning on the side of his truck, he's holding flowers and was wearing blacks jeans with a long sleeve button up.

Damn he looks good.

"Eww" Edward gags and rolls his eyes.

I quickly run down the last few steps and up to him before Edward or Emmett could speak to him.

"Hi" I smile.

"You look beautiful" He smiles back. "This are for you" He hands me the flowers.

I hear a couple of 'aww' in the background. Probably because most people were staring at this new guy with a huge truck giving a girl flowers, but I didn't mind the attention.

"They are so beautiful" I smile. "Thank you, but we should really go befor-"

"You must be the guy taking our little sister out" I heard Edward from behind me.

"Fuck me" I mumble, and turn around.

"I'm Paul" He says with a straight face. "Are these your brothers?" He looks at me.

"No, nope, not at all" I ramble. "Go away" I cross my arms, looking at Edward and Emmett. Rosalie, Jasper, and Alice were standing by their cars with smirks on their faces.

"She's like our little sister" Emmett spoke.

"But there's no difference, you said Paul right?" Edward also crosses his arms.

"Yeah" Paul shoves his hands in his pockets.

"Paul what?"

"Lahote" He answers confidently.

All of the Cullens faces quickly went from playfully to serious, they were no longer amused by embarrassing and I didn't know why.

"Well Paul Lahote, Y/n will not be going out with you" Edward grabs my wrist and pulls me to their side.

"Uh yes I am, stop being stupid" I wiggle my hand away.

"No you're leaving with us" He argued.

"She doesn't want to" Paul stepped forward. The rest of the Cullens rush to us.

"I don't care what she wants" Edward Also took a step forward.

"We are in public" I laugh nervously. "Paul let's go"

"You're not leaving with him" Edward grabbed my wrist.

At this point I was beyond annoyed, I placed my other hand heated hand on his wrist.

"Ah!" He pulls his hand away.

"Sorry" I whisper and walk around the car, Paul following me close behind, he opens the door and I get inside, he quickly closes it and walks to his side before getting in.

"Are you okay?" He turns on the car.

"Yes, just please drive" I put on my seatbelt and he leaves the school.

"What was that about?"

"Um, they are just very overprotective and I'm pretty sure your reputation follows you around"

"Oh"

"Yeah, I'm sorry if they made you feel uncomfortable"

"That's okay, I'm used to it" He shrugs.

The rest of the ride, was good. He put on some music and rolled down the windows, we talked about school and how our week had been. He asked about my family and I answered all his questions, but when I asked he didn't want to speak about it.