Chapter 15

Taila POV

Tomorrow is the day.

And I'm not looking forward to it.

I don't know what's worse, me having to show up or me not even having an outfit planned?

Alonzo told me to give him an image of what style I am trying to look for but when I tell you I am the most indecisive person out there, I can literally not make a decision.

So that's nice. *Hint the sarcasm*

Seeing Alonzo yesterday was actually a surprise because well, he owns many companies out there, and yet he decides to come to my local corner shop when he can literally order whatever he wants without needing to be there?

Fucking weirdo.

Also, I'm slowly getting better. Some days are better than others but it's a slow process a one that I am willing to take if I want my mental state stable. I have seen my therapist for three days and surprisingly some of the things she says aren't bullshit and actually make sense.

"Close your eyes and think of your happy place, relate to it with an object, for example, if it a beach then maybe a rock is a positive reminder of all the things you have done at the beach, hold that with you close."

I don't know what juju magic she did but when I came in contact with Lonzo, I felt calmer.

Weird.

Now I'm snuggled up with my bonnet and black robe wearing my not so cute pajamas because let us be real here, they are the most comfortable things on earth, watching the new season of on my block eating my favourite flavour ice cream.

 When I suddenly I hear a pounding on the door.

Out of instinct, I grabbed the first thing I saw,

a curling iron.

"Don't play with me shawty, I'm armed and protected!" I shouted.

Still, the same knocking noise occurred. I slowly stepped near the door still holding my curling iron out in front and tip-toed to peak who the fuck is banging.

"Oh, my fucking days," I muttered under my breath and opened the door.

"HEY, BITCH!" Sim walked in the door and ran to give me a hug. Awkwardly I gave her a tap on the back since I'm not a hugging type of person.

I leaned back and crossed my arms, "Seriously? You came pounding on my door like it was an emergency."

Suddenly Sim's mood changed and she went to sit down on my bed.

"To be honest I did come to check up on you first, how are you? You seem less of a shit dumped mood." She laughed, but even that sounded off.

"Yeah, I'm getting there but this ain't about me. Spill" I said and I watched her eyes starting to form tears.

One thing about my best friend is that she hardly cries in front of me so if she does then something is DEFINITELY wrong.

"It's Jax." 

I stopped moving and looked over at her.

"What? Don't tell me he-"

She stopped me before I even had the chance, "No you dumbshit, he didn't break up with me. I wouldn't even let him because he knows I'll feed his balls to him even if he tries."

I sighed in relief, "Thank God for that, so what seems to be the issue?"

She looked down at her bracelet the one Jax gave to her on their fourth year anniversary.

"He did something worse."

"Tell me HURRY UP," I said starting to get impatient because she loves longing things.

"He...He proposed." She said.

Silence.

A long fucking pregnant silence.

"About fucking time," I said and stood up doing my victory dance.

I stopped to look at her gaping at me, 

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME? HE PROPOSED WHAT ARE YOU NOT HEARING?!"

"What I'm hearing is that he finna put some babies in you sooner than I expected." I joked, but she didn't laugh so I stopped.

"Ok. ok, why is that a bad thing?" I asked, moving closer to her to give her comfort.

"Because. Because I- I didn't expect it. I love him so much and sometimes it scares me. How can he put up with me for so long? We haven't even moved in together yet but he spends a lot of time at mines and vice versa and I'm scared he will be bored of me when we are tied to the knot. I'm scared because I feel like he will one day look at me and regret the choice he made. I'm scared because I don't think there is anyone else I want other than him. He is my everything, my heart and soul without him I'm incomplete." She cried out and started to slowly sob.

Giving her a hug I wrapped her inside,

"Oh princess, it's okay, its normal to feel like this sometimes. It shows that we are human and that we care for other people. The fact that you have these thoughts already confirms that you are for lifers because you want it to work and we know it will." I say.

She slowly sniffs nodding her head, "no because when he went down on one knee and proposed, I ran all the way here.

We both looked at each other slowly, then started to burst out laughing.

"You are not serious Sim, you left the guy literally on his knees" I couldn't stop laughing and neither could she.

"When you put it like that then, yeah I guess it looks kinda bad doesn't it." She chuckled and threw her head back to my pillow.

"So what are you going to tell him?"

"Yes of course! I love him and will crucify any female who tries to make a move on him." She said and I nodded back.

That's my best friend. Sometimes I think the crazy shit she does and says is because of my influence.

"Yesssss looks like I'm finna be a bridesmaid after all," I say and she arches her eyebrows.

"Duh, is that even a question? You will be the ONLY bridesmaid because I dislike humans and you are the only one I can tolerate."

We giggle and cuddle up on the bed watching the rest of my block and eat ice cream together.

It's times like this where we learn to cherish people around us.

Because after today is when I learnt that we will never get to say our last goodbyes.

***

Hey y'all x

Firstly THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE 5K READS I APPRECIATE ALL OF YOU SO MUCH HONESTLY DON'T KNOW WHAT I WOULD HAVE DONE. 

Seriously didn't think this book would have been known. Thank you again.

Again, sorry for not uploading as much but only because I have so much skl work and revision that's needed, bare with me.

But what are your predictions of what's gonna happen? 

Here on things are about to go left...

WORD COUNT- 1101