02. 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔳𝔞𝔫𝔦𝔰𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔬𝔣 𝔴𝔦𝔩𝔩 𝔟𝔶𝔢𝔯𝔰

Hi, so the first chapters will basically be the same thing with a few changes here and there, but as the story proceeds, more things will change from the original. So yeah :) I hope you all enjoy this!

 So yeah :) I hope you all enjoy this!

"Something is coming... Something hungry for blood... A shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in darkness. It is almost here."

An eerie feeling mounted in the air.

"...A shadow grows on the wall behind you... swallowing you in the darkness... it's almost here..." As Mike Wheeler's voice proceeded, a tension built in the already thick air of his basement.

"What is it?" Will Byers questioned his friend, his voice meek, quivering at the very edge of his question.

"What if it's the demogorgan?" asked Dustin Henderson, looking to his friends, frantically, "We're in deep shit if it's the demogorgan."

"It's not the demogorgan." Lucas Sinclair sighed, squinting his eyes at Dustin, briefly.

"I dunno, Lucas. Mike seems to have a bunch of tricks up his sleeves." Y/n Byers remarked, exhaling from her lips and leaning forward in her chair to get a better look at the cunning look in Mike's eye.

The ebony haired boy, Mike watched them all, intently, waiting for them all to settle down before setting six figures onto the table, "An army or Troglodytes charge into the chamber! Their tails drum the floor. Boom! Boom! Boom!"

"Troglodytes?" Dustin asked, cocking an eyebrow at the miniatures.

"Told ya!" Lucas bragged, shooting Dustin and Y/n a look as they both rolled their eyes in unison.

Suddenly, Mike's eyes broadened like saucers before saying, "Wait... do you hear that? Boom!... Boom!... Boom!" Mike exclaimed, each word getting louder and louder, "That-That sound... it didn't come from the Troglodytes. No. It came from something else..."

A silence blanketed the already thick tension in the air before all of a sudden, Mike slammed a big two-headed miniature onto the board of game, "The demogorgan!"

Groans of annoyance filled the room. "We're in deep shit!" Dustin exclaimed, his hands striking against the table.

"Will, your action!" declared Mike as Will's eyes widened, slightly, in panic.

"I-I don't know." Will mustered out, his eyes flickering about.

"Fireball him!" Lucas exclaimed.