Chapter 59 - A Red Umbrella, Desolate in the Sea of Blood

Author's Note:

Happy Halloween, fellow readers! I wanted to make a Halloween special chapter, but couldn't think of anything. So here's three published chapters in one day instead! Enjoy reading!

*****

Fleeting figures ran around the forest.

The sound of metal clashed against one another, creating constant sparks. Yi Ran blocked every strike of the swords with her fists, covered in rock solid spiritual energy.

Shen Qingqiu darted behind her, as swift as running waters.

He then stabbed his Xiuya sword at the demonic cultivator lady's shoulder blades. Yi Ran just dodged it, hopping on top of the Xiuya sword, balancing on the blade with one foot. Another incoming blade attacked her; it was Lan Zhan's Bichen sword!

Yi Ran swiftly flipped, jumping off of the Xiuya sword, while also dodging Bichen.

A shallow cut had slashed across her cheek, drawing beads of blood. Yi Ran just merely licked it away, dodging Luo Binghe's Zhengyang sword.

"Why must you break our alliance?" Wei Wuxian asked.

He stood in the back, watching the fight unravel.

Yi Ran stood her ground, dodging multiple swords after another. Her black robes swished around her figure, twirling like a dancer's skirt. "Pei! Our alliance is worth nothing!" She shoved Shen Qingqiu over, with the sword narrowly missing her.

Luo Binghe prevented his lover from falling over. He hugged the Peak Master by his waist, protectively curling his arms around.

"You could've made it easier for you and your companions." Wei Wuxian smiled.

Yi Ran ignored him.

She leaped backwards, with her back pressed against the trunk of a tree. Gritting her teeth, Yi Ran quickly slapped her palm over the trunk. Then, the tree was sliced in half.

The upper half of the tree had fallen, with a large shadow painting the forest!

"Watch out!" Wei Wuxian called.

The tree was especially large. If it fell on top of the three couples, they will directly be flattened—no, crushed!!!

Lan Zhan stepped forwards. He wore a nonchalant expression, as if the tree didn't bother him at all. He unsheathed Bichen, with a cold ice blue spiritual aura embracing his blade. Lan Zhan faced the tree, then gave two slashes.

In an instant, the fallen tree trunk was sliced into pieces so small, it might've been mistaken as glass shards!

Yi Ran gritted her teeth.

She threw a blue fire ball at Lan Zhan, who was charging at her. Lan Zhan gave a soft icy blow, and the blue fire automatically extinguished.

Yi Ran felt goosebumps all over her body. It is all over!

She leaped backwards, while Lan Zhan leaped forwards. The remaining three couples crept up from behind as well, all chasing the demonic cultivator lady.

Yi Ran suddenly caught the glimpse of her two unconscious comrades.

She quickly picked up Nu Wang and Bo Fan by their collars. "When you guys wake up, you better owe me an explanation!" Yi Ran couldn't help but vent her anger.

She turned to look at the three couples.

Just in time, Yi Ran met the dangerous palm of Xie Lian-