The Pink Palace

~We love because he first loved us.~ 1 John 4:19

Bobinski is a great Russian character in my opinion—so if I end up getting some of his language wrong when he meets coraline... I'm sorry!

I'm not gonna type that when he counts in Russian when he's on top of the freakin roof—

(DH/C): darker hair color
___________

The Pink Palace stood in the middle of the hill, puddles of water and dry, brown grass made up the yard. Fog slithered among the mountain and trees as dark clouds covered the sky—giving it an eerie look.

From the roof, a big man was doing his morning exercise, counting in Russian as a girl sat on the flat part of the roof with him—not minding his excessive movements as she gazed at the sky sadly, her (H/C) hair swaying in the wind while she held her legs to her chest before looking down at the green moving truck curiously.

A silver car—beetle—speeded into the dirt driveway, piles of luggage and boxing tied to the top as the driver frantically beeped the horn to make the movers slow down as the car slipped past them.

This startled the Russian man out of his counting and he cursed out at the car before waving goodbye to the girl and marching off. Now, interested and hopeful, the (H/C) smiled and stood up, disappearing from view, climbing down the back of the house.

. . . . .

The movers walked to the back of the truck, unlatching the latch and grunted as they pulled the doors open, piles of boxes and furniture stacked haphazardly up on top of each other as they got to work.

As they were working, some of the residents of the Pink Palace looked outside, an old woman with pink hair hummed and waved at the workers as a tuff of (DH/C) peaked over the window from the car they were in, clumsily climbing out of their seat and trying to get a better look before their mother grabbed them, eliciting a loud squeal that made some workers stop in confusion.

. . . . .

When they finally finished, a brown haired worker waited for their customer to sign the papers. Getting them, he tried to get a tip, only to groan in dismay when he got a one dollar bill.

A skinny black cat jumped from behind a bush a the moving truck left, hissing and taking a defensive posture as the back down opened.

A tall freckled boy closed the door and looked around warily as he picked at his one-shouldered red bag and fixing his yellow raincoat, huffing and blowing his unique blue hair out of his face of his right eye.

He sighed, walking down the stairs and towards the dead garden, his stuffed his hands into a bush, breaking off and taking a branch into his hands, the shape taking a "y" as he held the two parts and closed his eyes, kicking open the rusty gate and letting the branch guide him.

Jogging through the gray colored garden, the blue haired boy was in his own world as the black cat followed him at a leisurely and cautious pace.

. . . . .

As the boy watched his feet as he walked in the stone and muddy path, the black cat looked over him from the giant boulder, flinching and hiding when a couple of rocks fell and landing in front of the boy.

Stopping, the blue haired boy looked skeptical at the rock. "Hey! Who's there?" Hearing no answer, he rolled his eyes and chucked the rock that landed in front of him at the boulder.

A pained and startled yowl of the black cat startled the boy as he ran along the path, the wind picking up and flailing his hair around in different directions as he took refuge inside a circle of mushrooms, his breathing heavy as he looked around paranoid.