25| Princess

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Princess

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 25: Princess (London's POV)

I put the tiara on his head, laughing as I stared at him. Damon and Verena wandered off and we took our time walking around. "You look like a princess," I remarked. 

"Of course, I do. I'm the prettiest princess in all of Runville," he mumbled, looking around. "Let's get popsicles." 

I nodded in agreement and we walked over to the stall. I paid since he had paid for the previous game and we strolled around, looking at the games, stopping to play some, and then continued strolling. 

"You know," he said, stopping by the trash can, both of us throwing the popsicle sticks away. "I think my grandparents missed you more than they missed me." 

"Yeah?" I laughed softly. 

He nodded. "Nonna couldn't shut up about how pretty you are and Nonno couldn't stop talking about what a wonderful girl you grew up to be." 

I grinned, watching him. 

"I mean, they're not wrong. All I could do was sit there, nodding and agreeing with them and then ramble about how beautiful I think you are and how in love I am with you." He took the crown off, shaking his hair out before putting it on my head. "Nonna said earlier, 'È bella come una principessa.' Do you know what that means?" 

I knew. But I shook my head anyway. 

"She is beautiful," he paused, staring at my eyes, "like a princess," he whispered. 

"Am I?" I lifted a brow. 

"Hmm," he nodded, leaning in. He grabbed my waist, pulling me closer and driving his body into mine as his lips met mine. He kissed me softly yet his touch was anything but soft. His fingers dug into my skin through my clothes, every inch of him was touching every inch of me. 

I pulled away before he could deepen the kiss when I realized people were staring. "Not here," I mumbled, taking his hand and starting to pull him towards the rollercoaster. We got there, both of us sighing in disappointment when we saw that it was still closed for maintenance. "Let's go to the Ferris wheel," I suggested instead. 

He chuckled, letting me pull him from one place to the other. On our way to the wheel, we stopped by the claw machine, wasting numerous quarters on that before finally getting one cart on the wheel after waiting in line. The wheel started moving up, the wind started picking up causing our hair to fly around like crazy. We both looked around until we reached the top, pointing out this and that, talking about things. 

"Ronan," I mumbled, both of us resting our elbows on our knees and holding hands. 

"Hmm?" 

"Are you going to write another book?" I questioned. 

He nodded. "I'm thinking I should start working on it. It takes a while, after all."