chapter 51

"I'm going. That's my final time saying it"

"But why? You don't have to, you choose to" I say angrily.

"For the safety of the students at the school" Remus reasons.

"Well, if you'd taken your potion, you would've been able to control yourself" I mumble bitterly.

"Y/N. I love you, my dear, but I have to go. And I know, in my heart, our paths will meet again in the future" Remus says.

I sigh heavily and hug him, him hugging me back as I kiss his cheek.

"But why?" I whine "I need you in my life. Being without you is like being without... oxygen"

"We'll meet again Y/N" Remus reminds me "Besides, you've gone 2 years without me, another year or 2 should be fine"

"Fine. I love you, Remy"

"I love you too, N/N"

~~~~~

"Y/N! You've got a package!" Pansy yells as she runs into the common room, holding a package.

I speed walk to her and she gives me the package, me pulling her into our dormitory.

"Thanks" I say, putting the package on my bed.

"Who'd you think sent it to you?" Pansy asks.

"I dunno. Let's find out" I say, glaring at the package.

I rip away the wrapping parchment and open a small box to find a few things in it.

"'Hope you hold onto these. She would've loved you to have them'. Then a hippogriff feather" I say, smiling as I pick up the feather.

"Who'd send you a hippogriff feather?"

"My dad" I say.

I sit on my bed and pull out a piece of parchment reading it. Tears form in my eyes as I continue down the page, then close the letter, covering my face in my hands.

"What?"

"It's a letter. From my... my mother" I say, looking up at Pansy.

"What does it say?" she asks impatiently.

I hand her the letter and look back in the box, picking up a picture of her, my dad and myself as a baby.

"'Dear my gorgeous girl,

It's me, mum. I wanted to write this in case... well, in case. Your father, such a brave man, is looking after Lily and James, Harry's parents. You should know about them, seeing as Sirius and James are so close. But Voldemort's getting closer, and I'm worried he's not after just Harry. I'm terrified. But I know you aren't. And with Voldemort getting too close, I fear I may have to leave you. It's okay. I'm not afraid of death. Only the thought of never having to see you grow up. But I'll see you up there. See you grow into a beautiful, strong and independent woman. I know it'll be hard to grow up without a mother, but you'll have Lily and Molly to take care of you, and obviously your father and James. I just hope I don't need this letter, because I'd love to be there for you. For your first school, and Hogwarts, and all the new spells you'll learn. I love you, my dear. I love you so much. More than you can ever imagine.

Your mum'"

Pansy just looks at me as I get up, playing with my necklace.

"I can't believe it"

"I know"

"She reached you from the dead"