1 - Newcomer

It was Thursday, 7:57 am. A woman was hurrying to get into the elevator before the doors close. Good thing there was a guy who looked back and held the door for her.

She thanked the guy while she carefully fits her small frame in the crowd, making sure that the tea to-go she's holding is still in one piece.

As soon as the doors opened to her desired floor, she went out immediately--almost running--trying to make it to her station before the clock strikes eight o'clock.

"Morning, Yeji! On the dot, huh?" a voice from behind said.

Yeji turned and saw her friend approaching. "Hey, Lia, how are you?"

"Hmm, a bit stressed. My work partner wasn't here for days," said Krystal, making Yeji chuckle. "I'm surprised, though. I thought you'll be on leave until Friday?"

Yeji dropped her bag on the table. "It was only a three-day vacation. I cannot afford to have a whole week off and attend countless unfinished tasks when I get back. That's suicide."

"Now that you mention it, I have been rendering OTs these last 3 days just to somehow make it up with the clients."

"I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you. I promise."

"It's okay. It's nearly the end of the year and you haven't taken a single leave yet. You must unwind from time to time, Yeji. You're so workaholic."

"Not really. I just don't want to take an off and get a double load of work after. It just doesn't make sense."

"Whatever. I'm still glad you took an off. At least."

After successfully logging into her computer, Yeji composed herself, leaning her butt on the table, a tea in her right hand. "So, how are things here?"

Lia positioned herself beside Yeji. "Well, same old stuff. Client work doesn't seem to stop coming."

Foreseeing the amount of work she needs to handle, it was Yeji sighed. "I guess we should start doing the articles now. Can you email me all the--"

"Oh, shit." Lia covers her mouth with a hand, her eyes trailing on something.

Getting interrupted, Yeji followed her friend's line of sight and saw a long-haired woman walking towards the ladies' room. She can't picture out the person's face because of the cap that's almost covering half of her face.

"Isn't she a vision?" asked Lia.

Yeji opened her mouth but wasn't able to make a word. She glanced back at the ladies' room entrance and then to her friend. "I-- I don't--"

"Did you see her face? She's cute, right?" Lia giggled. "You have to admit, that one is a real hottie."

Yeji grimaced. "Seriously? Lia, you're asking me that question? You know I don't swing that way."

Lia sighed. "Okay. I know you're not really into this. But could you please help me with this one? I'd like to get to know her."

"Help you with what?" asked Yeji, confused. "Wait, wait, wait... How long has she been working here? Why didn't I notice her before?"

"She just started this week, Monday. You were on your leave, remember?"

"Oh. I see. Which department?"

"Graphics. Taehyun's department."

"Ahh, that's why you needed my help..." Yeji glares at her friend.

"Exactly. I'm pretty sure Taehyun missed you so much. Why don't we pay him a visit instead?" Lia wagged her brows.

"I could send him a message and just tell him to go here."