Gardening + Bonus New Book Idea

It had been a few days since the incident with your neighbor. You were still recovering from your wisdom tooth sugery, not to mention recovering from the mental strain your neighbor put on you.

To you, anyone that wasn't a cookie, was an enemy now. After all, you still didn't know who was trying to have you killed. It could be the mailman for all you know. So you didn't take any chances with anyone. You didn't call your friends, family, or even order food. You just kind of stayed in your room and watched YouTube.

You sulk as you eat lukewarm soup for the hundredth time in a row. You weren't supposed to have anything to hot, so you only warmed the canned soup up halfway in the microwave to be safe. It didn't taste as good, but you really didn't have a choice in the matter.

You finish your soup and take the empty bowl to the kitchen. You place the bowl in the sink and sigh.

You had been thinking about what Red Velvet Cookie had said. About how he and Dark Choco Cookie wanted to train you to fight. On paper it sounded like the best thing to do, but as you thought about it...

You didn't have any powers like the cookies. You were just an ordinary human with no self defense skills. So if you really were going to train with those two, it would probably be the hardest thing you'd ever have to do.

Before you could think anymore on the subject, you hear the portal that the cookie use to get to your world open up behind you. Your turn to see Herb Cookie in his human form.

"Hi Herb."

"Hello (Y/N). How are you holding up?"

"Meh, I'm fine. Just in a little pain is all."

"Physically or mentally?" Herb asks, tilting his head to the side.

You look down. The past few days had been pretty hard for you. 

"Both I suppose." You say with a small sigh.

Herb walks up to you and places a hand on your shoulder. 

"Hey, it's okay. You'll get through it. Plus I think I have an idea."

"And wat's that?"

Herb takes his hand off your shoulder and then pulls something out of his pocket and hands it to you. You look down at the little bag he'd given you.

"They're marigold seeds. They're one of the easiest flowers to grow so I thought you and I could make a little flower garden. Y'know, to get your mind off things."

You think it over. Perhaps spending some time outside with Herb would do you some good.

"Sounds fun." You say, smiling.

A few minutes later you and Herb are planting the seeds in the dirt in a nice sunny spot outside your home.

"So, how long will it take for these to grow?" You ask.

"About two seconds." Herb replies.

"Huh?"

Herb starts to use his abilities on the spot where you'd planted the seeds. Soon enough, they started to sprout and grow. And grow... And grow some more. Before you knew it they were fully grown and all around you.