Part 10

We landed in an empty field, landing on a patch of green grass surrounded by trees and mountain.

"Now we wait" Steve said glancing down to the watch on his wrist.

"How long will she be?" I asked.

"She said she was on her way but where she's coming from I have no idea" Steve said.

He pressed a button and opened up the ramp walking over and sitting in the doorway. I followed and sat besides him.

"I can't help but feel bad" Steve sighed.

"Steve people chose to fight with you, we all knew the risks" I told him.

"I know, but still it's my fault" Steve muttered.

"None of us blame you" I told him.

Steve gave me a tight smile before turning his head towards the forest his eyes scanning the forest. I can't tell if he's trying to look for danger or simply looking at the view.

I shuffled closer now our shoulders touching as we both looked out to the forest.

We stayed silent for a while the wind brushing through the trees being the only thing audible.

"You know I have Captain America baseball cards" I said.

Steve turned his head to look at me and laughed.

"Hey don't laugh" I said bumping my shoulder against him.

"You should've brought them along I could've signed them" Steve teased.

"I was honestly thinking about it" I joked.

Steve tilted his head back and laughed his hand reaching up to rest on his chest.

"Trust me do you know how excited a 10 year old me would be if I found out I was sitting here next to Steve Rogers, the star spangled soldier" I teased.

"Ah you were a fan" Steve said raising his brow.

"You have no idea" I groaned.

"Aw how adorable" Steve teased.

"Shut up" I rolled my eyes but I couldn't stop the smile spreading across my lips.

"Did you have a little crush on me?" Steve asked.

I felt my cheeks burn up as Steve chuckled.

"I was like ten ok" I said.

Steve laughed and shook his head at me.

"Don't inflate your ego too much" I said.

"Too late" Steve winked.

"I regret telling you that" I chuckled.

"I don't" Steve laughed.

I could feel my cheeks begin to heat up but thankfully attention was pulled away from us.

"Having fun without me" a voice called out.

I whipped my head forward to see Natasha walk towards us. She looked different then the last time I saw her, her hair was now short. Shoulder length. She had bleached it too her hair the redhead no longer ginger instead she now sported a blonde nearly white head of hair.

"New haircut?" Steve asked.

"Thought I'd change things up" Natasha chuckled.

She gave Steve a friendly hug before turning her attention to me.

"I'm Y/n" I said.

"Nice to finally meet you spider" Natasha said.

She extended her hand for me to shake, which I took.

"Ready to break some friends out of prison" Natasha said clapping her hands together.

"Ready" Steve agreed as the three of us headed inside the quinjet.

Steve sat in the pilots seat as he took of the jet punching in the coordinates of the raft.

"Your powers are impressive" Natasha said.

"Your pretty impressive yourself" I said.

Natasha smiled and took a seat across from me.

"You know Tony wanted you on his team, I'm suprised you sided with Steve" Natasha said.

"Yeah I'm friends with Scott and he called me needing help, he explained the situation. To be honest if Tony Stark had come to recruit I wouldn't of sided with him" I said.

Steve turned his head around and gave me a smile, which I returned.

"Do you regret it?" Natasha asked.

"Not one bit" I said looking over at Steve.

Natasha raised her brows at me, I quickly cleared my throat and turned my attention back to her.

"Neither do I, so has it just been you and Steve all alone?" She said in a teasing tone.

I felt my cheeks begin to burn despite the fact that nothing remotely similar happened to what Natasha was insinuating.

"It was us and Bucky" Steve interrupted.

"Yeah" I agreed.

"Ah I see" Natasha said chuckling to herself.

Steve sat up from the pilots seat the quinjet now in autopilot. Steve came and sat next to me as we began to workout a plan from breaking the rest of the team out of jail.

Breaking superheroes out of the most guarded and heavily secured prison in the world, something I never thought I would be doing. But hey I never thought I'd be hanging out with Steve Rogers and Natasha Romanoff. I guess life really just took a drastic turn.

Hopefully for the better.