I Just Want a Baby

Auggie: 23-25
Emryn: 27-29

this chapter spans over 1 1/2 years, so just pay attention to the time lines :)

tw: miscarriages, brief mention of suicide

April 2038

"H-H-Hey b-b-babe,"Auggie greets as soon as he walks through the front door of their apartment having just gotten home from work.

"Hey,"Emryn calls from the kitchen, practically jumping out of her skin with anticipation. This is the day they've been waiting for. This is the day they've been dreaming of for so many months. "C'mere I missed you!"

Auggie smiles and locks the door before dropping his keys in the dish and walking into the kitchen to find Emryn sitting on top of the kitchen counter. She's wearing a pair of black ripped skinny jeans and a big neon orange t-shirt of his. Her hair is dyed bright purple and only reaches her shoulders, but she's found a way to tie most of it back into a high ponytail. Her feet are dangling in the air as they swing a bit in anticipation.

"H-Hey s-s-stinker,"Auggie smirks, taking off his over-the-shoulder briefcase and setting it on the counter next to him before walking towards her as she makes grabby hands at him.

"Hi baby,"she coos with a huge smile as he wraps his arms around her waist, having to tilt his chin to look up at her slightly because of her seat on the counter. "I missed you."

"I-I m-missed y-you t-too,"Auggie grins, feeling her hands go to cradle his cheeks as she brings her face down to his, pressing her lips against his. "Y-You l-look h-h-happy." Emryn's a generally happy person, but today she seems extra upbeat. He's only seen her smile the way she's smiling a few times before.

"I'm just glad you're home,"she simply states. Which is the truth, she is glad he's home, but it's so much more than that. "Oh also, question, Mister..." She pulls away slightly from him and keeps one hand cradling his freshly shaven cheek and bops his nose with her finger. "Would you rather our kids call you 'dad' or 'daddy' or something else...?"

"W-What?"Auggie asks, his brows furrowing in completely confusion at the question. Well, he never really thought about that...? He guesses that he wouldn't really care what they called him.

"Oh, I was just wondering cuz you're going to be a dad,"Emryn says with a shrug and so nonchalantly that it catches him off guard. She keeps one hand on the side of his neck as she uses her other hand to reach in the back pocket of her jeans and pull out the stick that's going to change their lives forever.

He stares at it like it's going to bite him and then he looks up at her and then back down at the stick and then up at her again with his jaw agape.

"N-No w-w-w-way!"he exclaims, his stutter beginning to worsen because of his excitement. "E-E-Emmy, y-y-you're j-j-j-j-joking!"

"I'm not,"Emryn shakes her head with tears building up in her eyes as she continues to hold the stick in front of her face for him to see. "You're going to be a dad!"

"O-O-Oh m-m-my g-g-gosh!"Auggie shrieks beyond happily, wrapping his arms around her middle and picking her up off of the counter as she squeals, wrapping her legs around his waist. "W-W-We're g-g-gonna b-b-be p-p-parents!"

"We are,"Emryn tearfully nods, squeezing her arms tight around his neck. "We did it! Finally!"

Auggie laughs and pulls away from hugging her just enough to be able to capture her salty and damp lips in a kiss, their tears mingling together. After spinning her around a few more times he sets her down on the counter and puts his hands on her thighs.