Sister's return

My blood ran cold as she said the word for the second time. If Lucas did not have both hands wrapped around me so firmly, I sure as hell would have tumbled over to the ground the moment she said the words. Words could not be formed, my thoughts were an incoherent jumble spiraling left and right and running a million miles per second as unanswered questions swirled freely.

There was a commotion, the other guests could vote their questions, The whats, hows, when, whys? I just stood there, stricken by the horrific piece of news I had just received.

"Surprised?" she snickered, "believe me I was shocked when I found out too."

"You're lying," I finally found my voice, pushing myself off Lucas. He shared the same shocked expression everyone else had written on their faces. "I know you needed a great comeback to make everyone dazzle and fawn at your presence, but that was quite an overkill. I do not have any siblings." I flashed her a faltering smile.

"Then why do you look so terrified of me right now?" one of her perfectly arched brows raised, she pivoted around the room, sucking in a sharp breath at the sight of everyone else. Even the kids were as still as a statue, watching both in confusion and curiousity. "But you're right. After five years of having to stay away from my family, I needed a mindblowing entry, and what better entry than crashing my dear sister in laws engagement party and revealing my long-lost sister?"

"I am not your fucking sister!" I barked, somehow resisting the urge to slap her across the face.

"Oh come on, I cannot be that bad. Look at the resemblance between us, we almost look like twins, except I look like the supermodel I am and you look like you belong under the bridge."

Her words stung, but before I could voice my anger, Lucas was already in front of me. "Get out!" he boomed, pointing towards the door. "get the hell out of here now."

"Oh baby," I almost wept at her pathetic attempt at seducing Lucas. "Come on, you haven't seen your dear wife in almost six years and all you can say is that?" she trailed a hand lazily over his shoulder and he smacked it away angrily.

"You lost the right to call my brother that when you walked out on him and his kids..." Robin spoke through gritted teeth as he approached us in heavy steps, I was not the only one that wanted to tear her apart.

"Ah, I had almost forgotten how supportive your family is. It's nice to see you too Robin. Thanks for taking care of my babies all these years, and thank you sis for playing the good mom."

"I swear if you call me that one more time, I will rip your head apart." I stepped closer feeling my rage boil so much it ould spillover, but Lucas held me back.

She scoffed, "Aww you almost look cute together, I felt a little guilty for ruining your dance, it was so romantic. But I'm tired of going back and forth with this issue, so let me give you some proof to soothe you." she dug her hand in her Chanel purse and took out a piece of paper, neatly folded.

"DNA results." she said simply as she stretched the paper to me. "believe me, I'm the most disgusted that my mother had an affair with your father too, I mean I have to share some blood ties with someone so pathetic. But it's not okay, I guess we cannot turn back the hands of time now can we?"

"I am not taking a look at that." I looked at the paper in disgust, "whatever is written in there, it's false." My mom died before my eyes yourself father left me at the foster home. "I have no other boyfriend get yourself and your lies, out of here. As you rightly say, my boyfriend and I were having a very romantic dance."

"You're so unfortunate that they could not even tell you the truth. Too bad though, because whether or not you look at the contents of this paper or not, we are sisters—half-sisters actually—I look just like my mom, so I guess apart from my husband you also stole my face too."