The plan

Lucas's idea of holding Sarah for longer was to get Emma to confess Sarah's involvement with her and get them both arrested. It had been decided that the best way to have that done was to make them believe one betrayed the other. Alexander picked Chris up an hour after breakfast, after which the rest of the family spent all morning thinking of how to make Lucas's plan work. We had to come up with a way to get Sarah and Emma in the same place, where we could make a recording of their confessions.

Mia finally came up with an idea that sounded like it would work.

The plan was simple.

Lucas would send Emma a message stating she had to come home because according to him, there would be a change of plan, the kids would be back home, so she had to cut off her time off too. That was the one thing that would attract Sarah. I was supposed to be spending the day alone with the kids and if Sarah had any intentions of taking them, she would jump at this chance. We hoped she would.

If all went well, Emma was expected to call Sarah over, believing that I was home alone, and vulnerable with the kids. Sarah in her irrational mind was expected to storm in here, trying to take the kids, and then she would blame Emma for lying to her. The rest of the plan was completely up to Sarah and her bitchy outbursts.

By outbursts, I meant a heated argument between the two bitches where I would take the chance to make them expose each other while their confessions were being recorded.

"F U C K N O." Lucas drew out every letter as she shook his head in absolute disapproval after Mia finished her explanation.

"Lucas would you at least listen to me," I rose to my feet and moved to stand in front of him, effectively stopping him from pacing the room. "I'll be fine, I just need her to take the bait and come over to the house that's all."

"And what happens if she decides she's coming with a fucking weapon?" he yelled, throwing his hand in the air. "Or what if she tried to attack you?"

"Sarah has only just been released on bail, I don't think she would want to make such a rash choice as murder so soon." I hoped she wouldn't.

"I do not like this plan, I do not fucking like this plan." he raked a hand through his hair.

"Chill out with the swearing man," Rob chipped in, "Zoey' picking up every damn thing she hears these days."

"And so are the twins," Calvin added.

"he is about to face Sarah along and you're all worried about me saying fuck?" he raised a brow. "Un-fucking-believable."

I sighed and took his hand. I had to convince him to go with the plan, it was the only one that really made any sense after all the brainstorming we had to do. "Baby, I'll e fine. I cannot believe you do know to trust me enough to handle Sarah if we are both places in a boxing ring." my light-hearted comment raised everyone's mood except the one for who it was actually intended for.

"I know you are strong enough to defend yourself, but did you see the hate dripping from her eyes last night?" he held my hand in his as he took his seat, "please let's find another way," he kissed my hands softly and looked up at me with pleading eyes, "one that does not put you alone in the same room as Sarah. I've been married o her before and I know what Sarah can be when thinks of a person as her enemy."

"What if she comes after the kids again?" that should have been enough o make him change his mind.

"I'll deal with that."

"Lucas you are being..."

"Fuck, I said no!" he barked rising to his feet. "No and that's final, we'll think of another way. End of story." He stormed out of the living room and made his way up the stairs in thudding footsteps.

"You know he's being like that right now because he's scared," Martha spoke first, ending the weird silence that followed his exit.

I knew that, but that did not make me feel any better at how he just reacted. "I know." I forced a smile, "I'm fine. I'll just go and check on the kids."

I did not see Lucas for the rest of the morning. He was not in his room or anywhere in the house, and I thought for a second that he had gone back home until I found him t the garden outside the house. The place where we had talked for hours the first time I was here at his parent's estate.

I sighed and turned to leave, not yet ready to speak to him after his outbursts back inside.

"Please don't leave," Luas said, topping me dead in my tracks./ I had not even noticed he had seen me.

"I have other stuff to do and I would rather not be around someone who would only bark at me," I spoke without missing a beat, but still stood there waiting for him to say something.

He turned to me and made his way in long strides. When he reached where I was standing at the entrance of the garden, he cupped my face in his palm and made me look at him. "I was just really terrified by all that talk about you meeting Sarah, I'm sorry."

"What are you scared of? Sarah is not some serial killer and you are going to be right there waiting to get their confessions," I placed my hand on his chest ad gave him an assuring smile.

"I'll never forgive myself if I let you get hurt..." I stood on my toes and brushed my lips on his, effectively cutting him off. "Chris..." he tried again, but I only deepened the kiss, leaving him with little room to speak.

"Please let me do this,"

He groaned as I kissed him again, this time snaking his arms around me and pulling me into him. "You won't listen to anything I say will you?" he mumbled against my lips.

"We won't be happy until Sarah is away for good, please do this for the kids."

"Okay."