Confront

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Lucas asked for the gazillionth time.

"You're right here, what could possibly go wrong?" I asked, not bothering to add a million possibilities of what really could go wrong with this plan. I was already shit scared, I did not need Lucas to know that though, he would not let me go through if he got even a whiff of doubt or uncertainty from me. "besides, you are only about a few inches away, if Sarah does anything, you'll be right here for me, right?" I tilted my head to meet his eyes.

"You know I will," he drew me closer and smashed his lips into mine. "If she tries to attack you, do not hesitate to leave a fist on her face, it's her one weakness."

"Her face is her weakness?" one of the cops in the room asked, shocked.

Lucas had a few officers on standby according to the plan and we had turned one of the guest rooms on the second floor of Lucas's house to a meeting point. Camera's had been set up throughout the house, monitored from a central station here in the room and I had a tiny mic on me, ready to record anything that had to be recorded.

It felt like we were rehearsing for an action movie as Robin had noted a few times, which in my opinion was an understatement considering how Lucas was overreacting.

Lucas and Mia had come back here with me while Robin went to handle things at the company and the rest of the family remained at Lucas's parent's house.

"She's a face and full-body model," Mia answered flatly from where she sat on a couch, typing away at her phone. She had grown pissed of telling Lucas I was going to do great and he had to stop worrying so much. Needless to say, he did not listen.

"That explains it." he scoffed, moving closer to where I was held firmly in Lucas's grip, "you might want to avoid getting physical as much as you can, we do not want any evidence aginst you whatsoever,"

Lucas gave him an icy glare and he cleared his throat before rephrasing, "on a second note, you can use a punch if you need to, just get a confession from both of them."

"Noted."

"I can just go instead," Lucas offered.

"Sarah knows she's no match for you, she won't even come if she knows you're here," Mia reminded him.

"Which is why you have to stay up here," I said to him, "Sarah and Emma have to believe that I'm here with the kids, alone."

"Someone just tried to enter with their keycard," the other cop standing next to the gaurd who I had never met before today said.

"Do I unlock the doors?" the gaurd asked Lucas.

"Yes,"' he grumbled.

"I need to go downstairs now," I said, hurriedly pulling myself from Lucas.

"You know what to do right?" someone asked.

"Yup," I nodded, thankful that no one could see past my false bravado. I brushed my lips against Lucas's "I love you,"

"I love you too,"

With a deep breath, I made my way downstairs just as Emma walked past the foyer.

"Chris!" she said in a high-pitched tone like she was shocked to see me.

"Hey Emma," I made my way to her and hugged her. I had to be careful not to show any emotion that might give our plan away. She had to be completely oblivious to my knowledge of how much of a snake she was.

"I feel like I have not seen you in weeks," she chuckled.

"It's only been days Emma," I snorted, taking the grocery bag in her hand and making my way to the kitchen. She followed closely behind me, "thank you for getting these for me, I really needed them."